PDA

View Full Version : Valet / Detailer

Dan1971
20-09-09, 01:20 PM
So what's the difference then ? I hadn't heard of "detailing" until I started on these forums.

How much are we looking at and are they worth it ?

SticklesMickles
20-09-09, 01:51 PM
What is the difference, nothing to be honest.

The people that call themselves "detailers" usually cost a bit more.

I hate the word "detailer" its all marketing bollocks IMO

Hambo-180
20-09-09, 02:38 PM
So what's the difference then ? I hadn't heard of "detailing" until I started on these forums.

How much are we looking at and are they worth it ?

i think Detailing is more of an American expression, anyway, there are a few "proffesional detailers" around, they do charge a good few quid but their work is amazing...

Have a look at the link...

www.polishedbliss.com

RudeDogg1
20-09-09, 05:50 PM
as far as im aware a valet is just normaly a wash and dry where as a detail would be a proper wash polish, wax, seal, wheels washed and waxed ect. Therefore a darnsight more work a whole day for example

Steves Cleenz
20-09-09, 08:14 PM
the difference between a Valeters and a Detailer is in the the question asked really

A valeter is someone who just offers standard car washing ie washing and polishing a car along with interior cleaning and possibly a machine polish to get the car looking better,

A detailer is some one that does this but offers a lot more, things like machine polishing to a very high level, removing paint defects, clay baring paint work, using top quality waxes and polishes and spends a hell of a lot more time on a car than the usual every day valeter,

i class my self as a valeter and Detailer as i offer basic valeting, and a Detailer as i can do a full on 3 day long car Detail,

Whats it cost ?
as for prices, they can range from what you want doing,

basic exterior paint correction can be from £100 then you have to add on the polish, wax and sealants

exterior and interior can be from £200

my basic exterior detail is £150, this includes :

Vehicle is hand washed thoroughly with a 100% sheepskin mitt
Wheels cleaned and sealed inside and out
Inside of Wheel arches cleaned and all tar removed
Clay bar the paintwork, this removes all industrial fallout and contaminations that have embedded themselves into the paintwork

Dry the vehicle by hand using microfibre towels
Paint thickness is measured on the vehicle using a Paint Thickness Gauge
3 stage paint correction process by machine

Paintwork is machined polished with a paint cleanser to help the wax stick to the paintwork
Double coat of standard Carnauba Wax (**can be upgraded to premium wax**)
Plastics and Bumpers dressed and protected
Tyres cleaned and dressed with a long life sheen
Exterior glass cleaned and polished

Are they worth it

Well i will let this picture answer that :

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/200bubs/minicooper/PICT0643.jpg

Click my sig below for more prices on detailing