PDA

View Full Version : near side heated wing mirror glass

Paul ZS120
20-09-09, 03:19 PM
as title lol. Only my off side one works and it's getting to that time of year again when they are needed. Mind you I didn't even know I had them til I read the thread on here and found out they are standard. Now I know it is supposed to be there I can't have it not working as it just isn't right! Yes I know I'm mental it has been said before

Hambo-180
20-09-09, 03:26 PM
as title lol. Only my off side one works and it's getting to that time of year again when they are needed. Mind you I didn't even know I had them til I read the thread on here and found out they are standard. Now I know it is supposed to be there I can't have it not working as it just isn't right! Yes I know I'm mental it has been said before

lol, if its any consolation neither of my mirrors heat up, so, is it a case of changing the mirror glass or.....

Paul ZS120
20-09-09, 03:32 PM
suppose I should pop the glass out and check the conductor. As one is working I am thinking it's just the glass unless they are on seperate fuses? What is the best way to take the glass out - just angle it and pull or is it slightly more scientific?

talkingcars
20-09-09, 09:02 PM
It is more scientific, I'll be doing a how to when I get around to getting a replacment glass for my car. It isn't possible to access the elements on the back of the glass without breaking it!