PDA

View Full Version : My zs got me into trouble earlier

nath86
26-09-09, 10:10 PM
I thought as the weather was nice id go out and fit my brake pads and paint my calipers after the grand prix quals, so anyway reversed the zed on the drive and got out, looked down the road to see a ten yr old girl walking number 15's american bullmastiff, the missis was chatting to the neighbour across the road and LUCKY my little 1 yr old was in bed napping, so anyway the little girl walks it up the road and it starts barking at the missis and that, the girl said, stroke it and it will shut up, they looked at and said no thanks, anyway all of a sudden it runs around to me in my own front garden and starts jumping up at me barking and then sinks its teeth in to my left arm, lucky i pulled away and it gave up, i went to hospital for 2 hours to have a tetnis jab and antibiotics and a check up, the owner is on holiday until tomorrow but the bloke who was ment to be looking after the kids and dog came up and opoligised and gave me the owners number, but in the time i was at hospital someone came down and bundled the dog in a mondeo and drove of with it :hmmm:.

peterzs
26-09-09, 11:40 PM
I can never understand why people keep that type of dog, we have had 4 Springer Spaniels, so we do like dogs.

What happened to the muzzels dogs like that had to have if they were out in public areas??? Or is that a different bread of dog.

10 year old can not control a dog like that anyway.

As you say lucky your youngster wasnt in the garden or it could have been a lot worse. I bet it left you a bit shocked, glad you got off without too much damage.

Most likely they took it away so the police dont put it down. :shoot2::shoot2::shoot2:

nath86
27-09-09, 09:02 AM
yea the dog just went and she couldnt control it, it seems to be the in thing to have here, well staffies and english bull terriers, i really dont see the fasination with them, i was bought up with a pomerainian for most of my life. I know i was lucky and yea as soon i seen it coming towards me i stood firm and tried not to show fear and didnt run even tho that was the only thing goin through my mind at the time but i knew if i did the dog would of been worse, the dog proberly stands at 4ft tall and weighs about 10 stone or more and if it stood on its back legs it would be over 5.8ft. Iv seen it running around the street chasing cats and literally slamming through fence panels to try and get them.

Well i will see what the owner says today as she rang and wants a chat and were go from there, but as you can prob guess they aint nice ppl who own the dog so im in a catch 20 position to report it and get no end of trouble if the dog is found and destroyed as the owners live on the same street as me and my family.

ZS180V6
27-09-09, 09:23 AM
yea the dog just went and she couldnt control it, it seems to be the in thing to have here, well staffies and english bull terriers, i really dont see the fasination with them, i was bought up with a pomerainian for most of my life. I know i was lucky and yea as soon i seen it coming towards me i stood firm and tried not to show fear and didnt run even tho that was the only thing goin through my mind at the time but i knew if i did the dog would of been worse, the dog proberly stands at 4ft tall and weighs about 10 stone or more and if it stood on its back legs it would be over 5.8ft. Iv seen it running around the street chasing cats and literally slamming through fence panels to try and get them.

Well i will see what the owner says today as she rang and wants a chat and were go from there, but as you can prob guess they aint nice ppl who own the dog so im in a catch 20 position to report it and get no end of trouble if the dog is found and destroyed as the owners live on the same street as me and my family.

If you don't report it what happens next time when you little one grows up and is playing outside and the dog bites her face off or worse...

If the dog would bite you it could kill a small child quite easily......

Or it may attack someone else.

You should report it.

SheppeyTrio
27-09-09, 09:47 AM
I have 2 dogs, 1 being a staff X lab and a golden lab. I know plenty of people with staffs and i believe it's not the dogs which is the problem, it's the owners! If they're brought up properly any dog can be a good dog, but by the sounds of it the owners probably haven't even tried to train it! I think the dog def needs reporting but i don't think it should be put down but put on intensive training!

Ritchy
27-09-09, 09:58 AM
had a doberman and it was the nicest dog you could have ever owned, its the people who do it to them

peterzs
27-09-09, 10:03 AM
Feel for you, easy to say report it, but some scam bags could make life hell, and youve got to live next to them.

Never realised the dogs were that big!!!

I suppose you could use crime line or whatever its called, where you ring in and dont have to leave a name. At least it would be on record.

Hope it gets sorted.:wave::wave::wave:

Ritchy
27-09-09, 10:07 AM
theyd still know it was you, best to just go round and speak to them

nath86
27-09-09, 10:10 AM
If you don't report it what happens next time when you little one grows up and is playing outside and the dog bites her face off or worse...

If the dog would bite you it could kill a small child quite easily......

Or it may attack someone else.

You should report it.

Ok well i have thought long and hard about it and i have just reported it, at the time there was a few witness so i will chat to the owner and keep it to myself, its an ugly situation but zs180v6 is right, it could maul a child to death and even an adult, were see what happens but im very capable at looking after myself and espeacially my family :boxing:

Ritchy
27-09-09, 10:14 AM
well done mate, youve done the right thing, hope it doesnt get you into to much trouble though

Smokey
27-09-09, 10:40 AM
On a legal standpoint, the girl is not responsible for the dog, however the person responsible for the child IS and could be charged. The owner is also responsible and too could be libel

peterzs
27-09-09, 03:37 PM
We could always hold a meet at your place, nice line of ZS's so they know your not on your own.:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Dan1971
27-09-09, 05:57 PM
We could always hold a meet at your place, nice line of ZS's so they know your not on your own.:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Nice idea ....

You did the right thing mate.

Bobdope2002
27-09-09, 07:00 PM
I have 2 dogs, 1 being a staff X lab and a golden lab. I know plenty of people with staffs and i believe it's not the dogs which is the problem, it's the owners! If they're brought up properly any dog can be a good dog, but by the sounds of it the owners probably haven't even tried to train it! I think the dog def needs reporting but i don't think it should be put down but put on intensive training!

I agree 100% here we have a black labrador who is massive and i tell ya what he could hurt someone

but he is the most daftest thing in the world, he growls at me and my dad and i just tell him shut it and hes fine, ill tell ya how soft he is my dad can actually take food out of his bowl whilst hes eating it

nath86
27-09-09, 07:12 PM
LOL cheers peeps for the comments, i havnt seen the owners yet they aint came round, the dog warden is ringing me up tomorrow tho, although i just seen some woman walking it down the road just up from ours, we basically stopped and as we had a car full of friends and i shouted thats the f___king dog that bit me, hehe :laugh:

SheppeyTrio
27-09-09, 08:15 PM
I agree 100% here we have a black labrador who is massive and i tell ya what he could hurt someone

but he is the most daftest thing in the world, he growls at me and my dad and i just tell him shut it and hes fine, ill tell ya how soft he is my dad can actually take food out of his bowl whilst hes eating it

Tell me about it, labs are definitely the daftest dogs going! I get on the floor with the X staff and play fight. If i say ow, he stops so quickly and cuddles up to me!!! But yeah, if i didn't know him i could ddef be scared of him. But he'd prob lick a burgular to death!!! LoL

Bobdope2002
27-09-09, 08:41 PM
Tell me about it, labs are definitely the daftest dogs going! I get on the floor with the X staff and play fight. If i say ow, he stops so quickly and cuddles up to me!!! But yeah, if i didn't know him i could ddef be scared of him. But he'd prob lick a burgular to death!!! LoL

i do that with mine lol, if i lie on the floor he will lie on top of me he weighs around 3 stone lol

All my mates are ***** scared of him some wont even walk past him

be gutted when he ends up passing on hes a Legend