PDA

View Full Version : ZS - V - E Type

peterzs
08-10-09, 08:55 PM
We recently went up to the Lake District, on the way up and back we roughly noted the MG,s we saw.

MG ZR's were the most with 12,
MG ZT's saw about 7 ( that surprised me the most)
MG ZS's saw 3 including one red one we chased up a hill near Grange over Sands. Also a rather nice Black one at a Mini Meet up in the Lakes.

But we saw 3, E Types, not together, so wasn't a club thing.

Not counting the Rover Models, and overall there were quite a few of them, most looking as good as new.

So what does that tell us, there's not as many ZS's about that we think, or, as we went up and back during the week, they are all on driveways waiting to come out and play at the weekend??

Saying that, driving around Bournemouth I see very few ZS's, apart from where we live, just down the road is a Blue ZS, around the corner is a TB 190 ZT and at the bottom of the hill is a TY ZR.

:):):):):)

Z Scotland
08-10-09, 09:28 PM
So what does that tell us, there's not as many ZS's about that we think, or, as we went up and back during the week, they are all on driveways waiting to come out and play at the weekend??

:):):):):)

Sounds like a familiar story, i went from Glasgow to Grimsby and back on a Saturday and not one ZS was seen. :hmm:(7 hours of driving).
But i did see two old mustangs. (not together):sleep:

Southside_ZS
08-10-09, 09:28 PM
Move to the Midlands. Every other cars an MG or Rover round here. Driving round South Birmingham is best, Northfield, Longbridge, Redditch e.t.c Every driveway has an MG or Rover of some sort on it.

afcbadam
08-10-09, 09:33 PM
see a few zs's in and around southampton, also see alot of zr's.

a car that is ment to be rare but i see alot of is the mondeo st.

only ever seen 2 other astra gsi's on the road though :)

Jay-ZS+
09-10-09, 09:20 AM
As I look out my window I can see 3 within 10 meters of each others admittly ones mine and one belongs to a relation to next door but a strange sight non the less!

R8NMG
09-10-09, 10:20 AM
Move to the Midlands. Every other cars an MG or Rover round here. Driving round South Birmingham is best, Northfield, Longbridge, Redditch e.t.c Every driveway has an MG or Rover of some sort on it.

Same as when I spent a few weeks in Luton a couple of years ago and every other car is a Vauxhall.

Where I live and where I go, I will be lucky to see 10 ZS in one month.

Bobdope2002
09-10-09, 10:35 AM
Same as when I spent a few weeks in Luton a couple of years ago and every other car is a Vauxhall.

Where I live and where I go, I will be lucky to see 10 ZS in one month.

I dont tend to see any ZS's when im out and about

see a few ZR's and the odd Rover 400 but thats bout it really

Andyf
09-10-09, 10:48 AM
I have recently done 12 hours worth of Census' at work and during that time saw 2 ZS' including one trophy yellow MK2 180.

p_b82
09-10-09, 11:33 AM
i came back from basingstoke the other week and saw 4 ZS's all different colours as well.
yellow, TB, black and XPG.

most i have ever seen in one trip outside of a meet!

Bobdope2002
09-10-09, 11:34 AM
I have recently done 12 hours worth of Census' at work and during that time saw 2 ZS' including one trophy yellow MK2 180.

Is that theyre Where you sit at the side of the road and count the traffic goin past

My gawd what an easy life lol

R8NMG
09-10-09, 12:26 PM
Is that theyre Where you sit at the side of the road and count the traffic goin past

From I have have seen previously, motorists get pulled over and the Census people questioned the motorists with the backup of the Police.

peterzs
09-10-09, 12:35 PM

Is this because staff could buy MG's at a big discount from Longbridge, and had a 9 months change over??

I always said I would travel up to the Midlands and buy from a local garage, but never did.

:whistle::whistle::):):)

Bobdope2002
09-10-09, 02:26 PM
From I have have seen previously, motorists get pulled over and the Census people questioned the motorists with the backup of the Police.

Oh yeh i now remember once coming back from work a normal 30 min journey took 2 hours because they had decided to do one of these on the A50 at rush hour

Daft sods lol

Southside_ZS
09-10-09, 05:44 PM
Is this because staff could buy MG's at a big discount from Longbridge, and had a 9 months change over??

I always said I would travel up to the Midlands and buy from a local garage, but never did.

:whistle::whistle::):):)

Yea thats spot on. Employee's could also get big discount for anyone in their family too. My dads cousin worked at Longbridge and got a brand new 02 plate 25 for his his dad direct from the factory. And my uncle bought his 75 from longbridge when he worked there.

Employee's and retired employee's could also go on the "rover scheme" where you bascially leased a car off the company and got a new one every 12months or so. My nan still got letters asking if she would like to lease a new car from MG-R right up until the end in 05. She retired from longbridge in the early 90's.

will-w
09-10-09, 06:03 PM
I did just over 1200 miles in two days last month, from Ashford to Stoke-On-Trent and Ashford to Chester... The whole time I didn't see a single ZS...

peterzs
09-10-09, 07:03 PM
Yea thats spot on. Employee's could also get big discount for anyone in their family too. My dads cousin worked at Longbridge and got a brand new 02 plate 25 for his his dad direct from the factory. And my uncle bought his 75 from longbridge when he worked there.

Employee's and retired employee's could also go on the "rover scheme" where you bascially leased a car off the company and got a new one every 12months or so. My nan still got letters asking if she would like to lease a new car from MG-R right up until the end in 05. She retired from longbridge in the early 90's.

Pity MG arn't still going, bet you would have a few friends putting their orders in, via your uncle and nan.

:D:D:D:D

Andyf
09-10-09, 07:04 PM

It's easier than that we don't have to count anything, we just stop the traffic so the census people can ask motorists questions!

afcbadam
09-10-09, 09:55 PM
and waste our time.... lol

i was stopped the other day. one of the questions i was asked " ARE YOU AT WORK????"

im in a 3.5 tonne van with gas man written on the side, in my work overals and a job sheet right in front of me that i could see the bloke reading.... no im on my way to a funeral.

Simon's ZS-120
10-10-09, 09:05 AM
It's easier than that we don't have to count anything, we just stop the traffic so the census people can ask motorists questions!

i got stoped on braywick road ages ago the guy asked do you know why we pulled you over i replied no i dont he said yeah you was speeding into the camera and the out of it i replied was i really then he replied im only joking

peterzs
10-10-09, 10:21 AM
and waste our time.... lol

i was stopped the other day. one of the questions i was asked " ARE YOU AT WORK????"

im in a 3.5 tonne van with gas man written on the side, in my work overals and a job sheet right in front of me that i could see the bloke reading.... no im on my way to a funeral.

Hi Adam, last time I went through one, it was held on the A338, Spur Road, Left home at the normal time, no warnings on the radio and as soon as I got on the road at the Cooper Dean, I saw it was blocked. Turn off at the airport or stay on, decided to stay on as the roads get grid locked if you try and get round any other way.

After an hour, went up the hill to the roundabout, the census was in the layby, didnt stop me, apart from the hour of stop start.

Next day they had moved it to Horton Rd, the one straight across the roundabout, got pulled in, and for the first time, lost my cool with the poor guy, where have you come from? Bournemouth, Post Code? I dont wont to give it, where are you going? private business. Not like me and I know he was only doing his job, but!!!

The hold up on the Spur Road made the local Echo headlines, with many complaints. We know they need to have the information but someone counting the cars, in and out would give the same results.

:mml::mml::mml::mml:

Andyf
10-10-09, 07:25 PM
The current one is being done by BAA, the first one was a nightmare as it did cause traffic problems but the last one I did was fine.

Jay-ZS+
10-10-09, 07:34 PM
lol there was one being done on my route home from work on the outside lane of a roundabout, I decided to go on the inside lane and do a loop of the roundabout