PDA

View Full Version : whats your opinion

nath86
08-10-09, 09:26 PM
Ok been out tonight for a play, ever since iv had the zs 180 iv never really come across anything to play with until tonight, i followed a starlet gt import on a deserted b road, all of a sudden he went so i thought ok game on lets have some fun as i havnt had a play for ages and i was on my own in the car, the only trouble is i was right there behind him up his little chuff but my brakes were fading like buggery so after a hefty braking into a village i got scared and turned of home, Now has anyone else ever had trouble like i had?, i thought brakes were ment to be one of the best things on the zs 180? :(

Ritchy
08-10-09, 10:16 PM
possibly need the brake fluid changed, brake fluid is hydroscopic meaning it absorbs water, and as braking turns kinetic energy into heat enery the fluid becomes hot with the brakes, and as brake fluid has a much higher boiling point than water this is usually okay, but if water is in it the water turns to steam and the pedal becomes spongy because gas is compressable :D also maybe try deglaze ur brakes, take the pads out give them a sand, bit of copper grease on the slides, and give the discs a sand up too to rough them up a bit

Maxfly
09-10-09, 11:51 AM
When was the last time the fluid was changed mate?? As Ritchy says could need a change, done mine earlier this year when car was 4/5 years old and still on its original fluid and what a difference it made!!!!:)

nath86
09-10-09, 01:21 PM
i really dont know when it was last changed, i will defo change it now tho, thanks for the advice guys :happy:

SheppeyTrio
09-10-09, 02:02 PM
R u sure u weren't on ur own little runway??? Afterall, speeding is illegal!!!:police:LoL

Ritchy
09-10-09, 03:45 PM
ford advises B.F.C. every 2 years and mazda its part of every 2nd year service

nath86
09-10-09, 03:53 PM
R u sure u weren't on ur own little runway??? Afterall, speeding is illegal!!!:police:LoL

I never said i was speeding
I was just having abit of fun, I was more worried about my brakes and the fact there was alot of stones flying up on my lovely paintwork :laugh:
After all i didnt buy a 180 for nothing :p but yea i was on a private road ;)

SheppeyTrio
09-10-09, 05:06 PM
I never said i was speeding
I was just having abit of fun, I was more worried about my brakes and the fact there was alot of stones flying up on my lovely paintwork :laugh:
After all i didnt buy a 180 for nothing :p but yea i was on a private road ;)

LoL, no worries m8! I kinda speed on my own private runway!!! ;) :police: :w00t: