PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on this car

Paul ZS120
12-10-09, 06:15 PM
What does everyone think of the new octavia 1.9 tdi se? Could have one in as little as two weeks - just waiting for delivery. Sure it's no zed but as a second car to do the bulk of the miles and carting stuff about what do you think?

Dan1971
12-10-09, 08:22 PM
Depends on how much you are paying ....

Not a car I'd like personally.

Dan1971
12-10-09, 08:23 PM
Buy Lewerty's 180 hatch ....

bmm87
12-10-09, 08:24 PM
not sure on the octavia, my dad has the new superb for his taxi and its bloody nice, so im guessin the octavia will just be a smaller version, the interior seems solid, unlike mg lol

Paul ZS120
12-10-09, 08:31 PM
getting it straight from factory but tax free. Top spec and all toys for 13k

Southside_ZS
12-10-09, 09:58 PM

My mrs's dad has one as a company car. its a 56 plate but same engine i believe? His has done about 120k now and he's never had any major problems with it.

David
13-10-09, 07:32 AM
why are you even questioning it, the new skoda's are brilliant! VW gave them the parts catalog and boy did they go to town! they had to slow them down they were making better cars than the VW and Audi's lol

Hambo-180
13-10-09, 07:56 AM

my mate had a desel Octavia for a year or so and was so impressed he bought the Octavia VRS SE desel and its astonishing!!! Great build quality, loads of toys, looks amazing and goes like stink.......

will-w
13-10-09, 09:56 AM
If you can, then get the VRS version... They handle just as good, if not better than a ZS and have a better feel of 'quality'... This is based on driving a 54 plate with 107k on the clock!

I spent the day a few weeks back playing with one of petrol VRS's at work (when I was doing my driver training), now granted it didn't have a standard map on it, but it was blisteringly quick and stuck to the road like nothing I've driven to date :)

Hambo-180
13-10-09, 11:08 AM
If you can, then get the VRS version... They handle just as good, if not better than a ZS and have a better feel of 'quality'... This is based on driving a 54 plate with 107k on the clock!

I spent the day a few weeks back playing with one of petrol VRS's at work (when I was doing my driver training), now granted it didn't have a standard map on it, but it was blisteringly quick and stuck to the road like nothing I've driven to date :)

my mate's VRS SE is an excellent car, if i had the money i would consider one but he paid £19k for it about 3 months ago. Its got all the toys, full leather, recaro's, 18" wheels, etc etc, handles like its on rails...very very good car...!!!
Now 5 years ago i wouldnt have thought i'd be saying that about a Skoda!!!

StragglaSteve
13-10-09, 01:02 PM
they had to slow them down they were making better cars than the VW and Audi's lol

Doesnt sound like a hard thing to achieve :p

Paul ZS120
15-10-09, 06:19 PM
Don't suppose anyone here knows what is possible mod wise to the skoda 1.9 tdi engine? Tried a skoda forum and itwas about asmuch use as t1ts on a fish