PDA

View Full Version : I did it myself!

Yampiedog
20-10-09, 05:10 PM
I actually did it myself! I took off my back box (Mk2 I believe) and fitted the Janspeed back box I had off Adam.
There is a nice sound improvement but I can't hear my PiperX anymore.

peterzs
20-10-09, 05:40 PM
I always hate playing with exhausts, nuts never come off, cant get under the car.

Glad you got yours sorted.

Jay-ZS+
20-10-09, 06:16 PM
good stuff :thumbsup:

Dannyboy_zs
20-10-09, 06:54 PM
Is it easy enough to do? Mines blowing so im thinking about getting something like a Janspeed

Yampiedog
20-10-09, 08:16 PM
Is it easy enough to do? Mines blowing so im thinking about getting something like a Janspeed

I jacked it up, took the wheel off and put an axle stand under the rear strut between the wheels and a little WD40 and a bit more brute strength I managed to crack the nuts and the rest was easy.

I already had a decat but now I have the Janspeed back box and I really like the sound. I had a Peco on my previous ZS but prefer this one.

Yampiedog
20-10-09, 08:20 PM
The next decision now is do I seel the old back box. I believe it is a Mk 2 back box but I have no idea how old it is.

stamford
21-10-09, 12:40 PM
Well done, always a good feeling when things go to plan, which doesn't happen that often!

Yampiedog
21-10-09, 05:06 PM
Well done, always a good feeling when things go to plan, which doesn't happen that often!

I find it quite rewarding and even therapeutic to some extent even though I got soaked having done it in the pouring rain on the drive. I do think I've got a sore throat coming now though!