PDA

View Full Version : got my new phone

lewerty
27-10-09, 08:38 PM
n e1 else got 1?

http://www.phones4u.co.uk/Reviews/Sony_Ericsson_Satio/

stamford
28-10-09, 07:34 AM
Looks nice but I have found the latest ones a bit fragile, so have stuck with Nokia, had my N96 for a few months and it is excellent, what with a 16GB built in memory it serves well as my mp3 player.

let us know how it fares as one of my girls is eyeing it up.

RudeDogg1
28-10-09, 08:07 AM
Ive never had a prob with sony ericsons had mine 3 or 4 years and its only just started to wear out. Im waiting to get an Iphone from orange as O2 has a bogus default on my file grr

StragglaSteve
28-10-09, 08:25 AM
yep i got one!

massive improvement for sony erricson...

ive always stuck with nokia for the fact that sonys tend to feel like their gonna fall appart in your hands

but this one has a very sturdy metal feel to it

touch screen is amazing as its pressure sensitive and not heat sensitive like the iphones crappy touch screen (doesnt work with finger nails or stylus as they dont give off heat)

the sony isnt amazing on the apps side.. but i bought the phone mostly for its camera... 12 mega pixel with a xenon flash, takes amazing photos in the day and the night! (even made a good night time video :-D)

so far my only gripe is that the keylock comes on automatically which can be a pain in the back side... and the phone can be a little slow some times... but it uses nokias symbian technology or whatever you call it.. which nokia has had the same slowness problems but have released a update to fix this.. so expect one shortly for the satio!

lewerty
28-10-09, 12:53 PM
u can turn the auto lock off cant remember where i saw it now, and have u signed up with the playnow team?? to get free applications etc

StragglaSteve
28-10-09, 12:59 PM
no not done the playnow thing!

i hear we can get 5 free movies a month too?

lewerty
28-10-09, 04:17 PM
no not done the playnow thing!

i hear we can get 5 free movies a month too?

oh cool :) :) not figured how to do smiles on the txts yet or how to change ringtone have u ?

Supercharged_Z
28-10-09, 05:53 PM
im a sony man myself, had my k800i for a 3 years now, and been looking for a new phone, but i cant fault the k800i yet, still got a resonable camera, really wanted a iphone but the camera was to crap.

12meg will do me nicely and the apps will come in time im sure!!!

02 want to charge me so im off tovodafone

lewerty
28-10-09, 05:59 PM
yea they wanted to charge me too for the phone so i went to vodaphone

Ritchy
28-10-09, 06:15 PM
i lost my phone today...couldnt find it anywhere, waas at work, checked my pockets, not in any of them, thought it might have fell out in my car, walked up to my car not there, went to the last car iwas working on, not there, went back to my toobox, was sitting on top of it, looked at it, was halfway through a text i was writing when i was looking for it lol, actually had it in my hand, texting, n put it down on the toolbox to go up to the car, couldnt believe it