PDA

View Full Version : Time for the zed to go

JCMG
31-10-09, 10:19 AM
Car is back in the garage again slave cylinder replaced but clutch still not engaging their going to try changing the the bracket to stop the system flexing??? This brings my bills for the zed up to nearly the price I payed for it, so once this is sorted I'm getting shot of it,going to have 8k to spend on a sub 40k miles car. Any ideas ???

talkingcars
31-10-09, 12:47 PM
Thats a shame, a sheddist clutch kit would have been cheaper and solved the flexing plate as well.

Jay-ZS+
31-10-09, 01:16 PM
What other problems have you had then mate? There arnt that much that normanlly goes wrong with them, but guess as their value drops its bound to happen :(

JCMG
31-10-09, 05:38 PM
I've had seized calipers, warped discs all round,not sure how the previous owner managed that. The heater on all fan speeds bizarrely and just lots of little niggles. Plus I just fancy a change and more power as I get bored with cars quickly . Just not sure what to get, so much choice lol madza mps would be nice

Jay-ZS+
31-10-09, 05:49 PM
Sorry to hear your problems with it, let me know when you come to sell it, I may be intrested, Chances are youve fixed everything that will go wrong,and will have happy motoring for a while to come but never can tell I guess

JCMG
31-10-09, 06:35 PM
Yeah sure mate,will do. I've already had the cambelts done so that's the larger cost taken care of on the maintaince side of things

Southside_ZS
01-11-09, 10:47 AM
Never understand why people do this. Buy a car, spend loads fixing all the problems then sell it because its costing them to much. Surely you've sorted all the problems now so its not going to go wrong again?

All the faults you've mentioned are common problems on the ZS but once done should be good for another few years yet.

JCMG
01-11-09, 01:14 PM
It's because I work shifts and it's costing an a and a leg I'm taxi costs because the car has become unrelyable, and the thought of it stranding me in the middle of nowhere with my 3 year old doesn't appeal

Dan1971
01-11-09, 03:28 PM
I understand where you're coming from ..... but ..... unless you buy something really new and uncomplicated, there are no guarantees that a replacement will be any better. A warranty covers the cost of parts, but not the inconvenience and fears over reliability. As far as I'm concerned, that's one of the things that come hand in hand with running an older car.

Whatever you do .... hope it goes well for you, and I guess anyone buying, will look at yours positively as most of the common issues have been addressed.

starfire039
05-11-09, 10:16 AM
I've had seized calipers, warped discs all round,not sure how the previous owner managed that. The heater on all fan speeds bizarrely and just lots of little niggles. Plus I just fancy a change and more power as I get bored with cars quickly . Just not sure what to get, so much choice lol madza mps would be nice

I can understand where you're coming from... seized calipers and warped discs.. that's an interesting one, a one off, the heater blower is just a resister which is 60 pence worth.. i'm sure a lot of these problems could be sorted easily, however, if the car has really random issues that aren't common to the ZS, it could be due to past abuse or whatever, so I don't really blame you for wanting to get another car.

I've always liked Mazda's... so Mazda (I'm assuming you mean 6) MPS sounds like a good choice. What about an Integra type R? Awesome cars, fast, reliable, and looks great.