theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Build Projects (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   My car at Rover MG parts (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=8031)

tb steve 29-03-10 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 147881)
I would have liked to have seen this set-up run after a remap as 203.4 is low for such mods as mine peaked at 200 without cams. What sort of figures are you hoping for with the new set-up?

to be honest i dont know its never realy been done before on a road car but 230+ would be nice ????
it start out as i wonted to get shoot of the vis/plem as mine was dead anyway and i did not wont to pay £600 for a new plem and possible in a few years time have it go again so ive ended up with what i have now lol

stamford 30-03-10 07:35 AM

Whatever the gain is it's a win/win situation. Like you rightly say you are now shot of the dodgy vis and plenum. If all goes smoothly and the results are better than expected this sort of modification would be a blessing in disguise if it could be replicated.

staccato 01-04-10 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 147881)
I would have liked to have seen this set-up run after a remap as 203.4 is low for such mods as mine peaked at 200 without cams. What sort of figures are you hoping for with the new set-up?

each car is very different in the figures it produces by the looks of it.

My previous 180 had Janspeed manis, sports cat and cat back. It had ITG maxogen and piper cams and a Dastek unichip and that made 203bhp on it's final run.

I'm just about to buy Ralphs MK2 ZS 180 and his has the original Sport and Racing janspeed manifolds, standard cat, x-power back box and open cone in the wing and that made 204bhp using a decat pipe. It's uncertain as to whether any modifications have been done internally though as this was originally a development car for the sprintex supercharger. It's possible the MG S&R put cams in it or flowed the head to gain those figures

Jay-ZS+ 01-04-10 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staccato (Post 148348)
each car is very different in the figures it produces by the looks of it.

My previous 180 had Janspeed manis, sports cat and cat back. It had ITG maxogen and piper cams and a Dastek unichip and that made 203bhp on it's final run.

I'm just about to buy Ralphs MK2 ZS 180 and his has the original Sport and Racing janspeed manifolds, standard cat, x-power back box and open cone in the wing and that made 204bhp using a decat pipe. It's uncertain as to whether any modifications have been done internally though as this was originally a development car for the sprintex supercharger. It's possible the MG S&R put cams in it or flowed the head to gain those figures

That will be a nice one to have stunning colour too :) Does that mean we will be seeing more of you now youve come back to MG?

staccato 01-04-10 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ (Post 148350)
That will be a nice one to have stunning colour too :) Does that mean we will be seeing more of you now youve come back to MG?

I've never truly left lol

MG6Turbo 01-04-10 06:31 PM

Flywheel figures are always a bit hit and miss. I would only go by the at wheels figure, which for cams with minor mods should be in the region of 175bhp@wheels.

A std supercharged zs 180 with no mods whatsoever puts out 190bhp@wheels adding filter and catback exhaust sees this climb to 210/215bhp@wheels.

Never the less, Steves throttle bodied car should see 190bhp@wheels.

Supercharged_Z 01-04-10 06:33 PM

a good supercharged car put out 229 atw ;)

one to be replicated shortly...

sorry thread hijack lol.

talkingcars 02-04-10 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rovermgparts (Post 148395)
Flywheel figures are always a bit hit and miss.

I thought the flywheel reading was more acurate as it doesn't have to deal with anything in the drivetrain.

MG6Turbo 02-04-10 07:57 AM

Nope, the wheel figure is the most accurate, as the flywheel figure is worked out from it, so there will be drivetrain losses to equate for.

To be totally accurate, the engine would need to be removed and placed on an engine dyno.

tb steve 02-04-10 12:20 PM

good news
engine going back in next week :clap2: