theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Broken down.... (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=7869)

Phate 05-06-09 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 108035)
Get stuck in, best way to learn!

When its something like my car I'd rather someone who knows what they are doing do it for me, don't want to risk it falling to bits hehe.

ZS 05-06-09 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phate (Post 108056)
When its something like my car I'd rather someone who knows what they are doing do it for me, don't want to risk it falling to bits hehe.

Its an MG... isn't that normal? :p :tease:

Phate 05-06-09 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZS (Post 108058)
Its an MG... isn't that normal? :p :tease:

I meant even moreso :p

stamford 05-06-09 02:24 PM

If you did get stuck in Jake, you would as qualified as the Friday afternoon shift at Longbridge ;)

Phate 05-06-09 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 108061)
If you did get stuck in Jake, you would as qualified as the Friday afternoon shift at Longbridge ;)

Thats what worries me!

Phate 07-06-09 02:52 PM

Update :)

Did lots today!

The front end bar the wings is almost completely stripped and we found out where the car is bent from the original accident :) - Cant believe we hadnt spotted it earlier its so blatantly obvious (well most things are when its just a shell haha)

So when the engine comes out (only being held in by a driveshaft and engine mounts now) (everything else has been disconnected) the car is going to 'metal Mick' :D to be jigged and straightened like it should have been when originally repaired - should sort my panel gaps out ;)

When dismantling we also noticed how badly the car had been repaired - bolts missing bits hanging off - its worrying!

Anyway pics to follow later as Im about to eat for the first time in 36hours :blink: and I'll show you where the car is bent.

Hopefully get the engine out tomorrow or Tuesday :)

afcbadam 07-06-09 03:02 PM

jake, out of curiousity how much is all your recent work costing?? would it not have been cheaper to buy another zs??

Phate 07-06-09 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afcbadam (Post 108498)
jake, out of curiousity how much is all your recent work costing?? would it not have been cheaper to buy another zs??

Gearbox I paid £50 for, driveshaft £30, clutch Ive had for ages can't remember how much I paid for it. The jigging is going on Dads 'tab' as is the paintwork (whole front end respray) So not that much really. The cambelt kit we paid £140 when but again Dads 'tab' (handy that)

Plus it gets to a point when you've put so much effort and time into a single car you just don't want to buy another. Plus I know my engine is very healthy from when it was dyno'd.

Eventually it will be a track toy only as I won't get anything for it if I sell it.

peterzs 07-06-09 03:12 PM

sounds like a lot of work, lucky to have a dad who is hands on, save a few bob. You will be even faster round Brands when its all straight.:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

Phate 07-06-09 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterzs (Post 108501)
sounds like a lot of work, lucky to have a dad who is hands on, save a few bob. You will be even faster round Brands when its all straight.:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

Hehe if I had the money to buy something sensible and boring I'd strip it to the max and it really would be a track only toy.

One day :-) applied for a new contract on Friday, if I get it...big money :D