theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Build Projects (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Rover 417 TD...not the typical Rover :D (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=24890)

p_b82 29-10-15 08:23 AM

nice - the PG1 diesel gearset works well for putting the torque in the right places on the L which isn't a hugely wide rev band... I think theoretical tops speed is 130 with the PG1 pending your final RPM.

Based on what you have described I'd also say consider a chargecooler system - it might not be your cup of tea, but you could use a bonnet scoop/hole and place the rad directly under that - space may also be an issue too tho as you don't want this to be directly on top of the engine really either...

They are generally more compact than a suitable FMIC though from what I've researched - although granted not a lot as I knew I could get a decent FMIC on mine in the slot.

I've also still got my AC rad in place on mine.... but this sits underneath it.

Malteser 29-10-15 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p_b82 (Post 365169)
nice - the PG1 diesel gearset works well for putting the torque in the right places on the L which isn't a hugely wide rev band... I think theoretical tops speed is 130 with the PG1 pending your final RPM.

Based on what you have described I'd also say consider a chargecooler system - it might not be your cup of tea, but you could use a bonnet scoop/hole and place the rad directly under that - space may also be an issue too tho as you don't want this to be directly on top of the engine really either...

They are generally more compact than a suitable FMIC though from what I've researched - although granted not a lot as I knew I could get a decent FMIC on mine in the slot.

I've also still got my AC rad in place on mine.... but this sits underneath it.

I'll have to look at spacing, but I am not considering it though...what type of flow rate are we looking for from the pump though to make it worth it?

daytona365 29-10-15 06:16 PM

Sounds good...any recent pics????

p_b82 30-10-15 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malteser (Post 365172)
I'll have to look at spacing, but I am not considering it though...what type of flow rate are we looking for from the pump though to make it worth it?

Sorry not sure there - When I realised I could use air cooling I didn't go any further.

Water is significantly better for thermal efficiency, so it don't need to be huge I would not have thought

talkingcars 30-10-15 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p_b82 (Post 365195)
Sorry not sure there - When I realised I could use air cooling I didn't go any further.

Water is significantly better for thermal efficiency, so it don't need to be huge I would not have thought

or if you are really keen R134.........

Scubbies have a charge cooler.

Malteser 02-11-15 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p_b82 (Post 365195)

Quote:

Originally Posted by talkingcars (Post 365221)
or if you are really keen R134.........

Scubbies have a charge cooler.

Thanks guys. I'll take a look at some Scooby forums and see what the consensus is then.

Malteser 02-11-15 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daytona365 (Post 365180)
Sounds good...any recent pics????

It's raining in a monsoon like fashion so haven't had a chance to wash it myself yet. Just done some minor fixes so once the rain stops, I should get some picks up.