theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   So What Do We Do For A Job? (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=192)

peterzs 11-06-10 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavspav (Post 158121)
I dunno how I stumbled on this, but anyway.

I am - and I'm going to have to look long and hard for a smiley for this - an opera singer. :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: Sorry, there seems to be a singular lack of operatic smiley's. Hmmmm. I wonder why?

this is me:
www.gavintaylor.com

Enjoyed your clips, great voice, and what a fantastic job.

:smile1::smile1::smile1::smile1:

peterzs 11-06-10 08:05 PM

Sob, sob, no job, was working at a landscaping company, ended up as company secretary and a director.

We used to cut and maintain married quarters for the Navy, RAF and Army.

Had sites in Plymouth, Bournemouth, Portsmouth, Marham in Norfolk.

Trouble was, the big boys decided they could do the work for half the price we were doing it for and the MoD decided to take their price.

TUPE'd over 50 of our guys, so we didnt have enough work or men to carry on. So we were paid off and the company closed.

:wizard::wizard::wizard::-D:-D

ibrox_hunk 11-06-10 08:16 PM

im a manager for poundstretcher, lol

Gavspav 11-06-10 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterzs (Post 158212)
Enjoyed your clips, great voice, and what a fantastic job.

:smile1::smile1::smile1::smile1:

you sir, are a gentleman and a scholar, as well as being blessed with impeccable taste. Sir, I salute you.:thankyou:

RichZS180 12-06-10 12:12 AM

Used to be an office monkey (admin). Now redundant.

Although i have a HND in forest management from uni of lincoln, so need to get my ass in gear lose my podge and try and make something of my life! Gonna go for tree surgeon or aboriculturalist i think if i can.

Huffy 12-06-10 12:42 AM

Final Cut Pro Editor, Camera Man and general Production Boffin. I play with music, video and pictures all day :P

Working freelance at the moment as there is a lack of salaried work in Newcastle at the moment.

p_b82 14-06-10 01:56 PM

I am an IT Technical Consultant to give me my formal title.

I get to travel around Europe and work on the client sites installing the software our company produces - contracted for 75% of the working year to be away), as well as other parts of the software system quality control processes.

As our clients are the Pharmaceutical companies, things have to be done 'right' and with a lot of paperwork; the job is not as glamorous as many people think!

haGGard 17-06-10 11:40 PM

Currenly working at HMP Belmarsh Prison in the control room. Not planning on staying there though!

peterzs 18-06-10 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haGGard (Post 158924)
Currenly working at HMP Belmarsh Prison in the control room. Not planning on staying there though!

Sounds like you've got a plan for getting out.

:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

Jay-ZS+ 18-06-10 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterzs (Post 158931)
Sounds like you've got a plan for getting out.

:laugh: Very good pete :construction: