theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   R.I.P Typhoon (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=6887)

Dan1971 17-02-09 08:01 PM

Gutted for you mate ... glad it's not down to you. Been to A&E ? You'll start to stiffen around the neck and shoulders I expect.

Yep ... write off for the paint I reckon. :cry:

vinny1979 17-02-09 08:03 PM

yeah you DO have whiplash right, 3-4k ;)

Steves Cleenz 17-02-09 08:05 PM

i think the missus would have done if she had opened her window lol

arwilson80 17-02-09 08:06 PM

There doesn't seem to be too much panel damage... New boot lid, bumper and light cluster unless there is other hidden stuff.

Assuming the others are right about it being written off (and i guess they are probably are as there have been others written off for less :cry:) i'd buy it back and fix it myself.

stamford 17-02-09 08:09 PM

That is an absolute sickener................if that were mine I would probably :cry: I hope the insurers use a bit of common sense, but then again you did say you were pushed into the Merc infront, any front end damage?

You sound like you are in great pain.................:yes:

Gachet180 17-02-09 08:15 PM

Really sorry for you mate, I saw the car at the MG onwers club meeting at Silverstone last year and it looked good then and I know you'd done a lot to it since then.

I hope your not injured in anyway as it looks like a hard impact.

Steves Cleenz 17-02-09 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arwilson80 (Post 90521)
There doesn't seem to be too much panel damage... New boot lid, bumper and light cluster unless there is other hidden stuff.

Assuming the others are right about it being written off (and i guess they are probably are as there have been others written off for less :cry:) i'd buy it back and fix it myself.

the pics dont show the full extent of it, if you look at the rear quarter you can see its hitting the back door and the rear quarter is creased too

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 90523)
That is an absolute sickener................if that were mine I would probably :cry: I hope the insurers use a bit of common sense, but then again you did say you were pushed into the Merc infront, any front end damage?

You sound like you are in great pain.................:yes:

not much damage to the front just loads of scratches on the bumper/grill as for the pain, i am in great pain and just cant stop crying ;)

vinny1979 17-02-09 08:26 PM

good lad ;)

afcbadam 17-02-09 08:29 PM

so sorry to see that. i would considder buying it back and repairing it.

Boot Hill Bandit 17-02-09 08:39 PM

You must be devastated Steve! :no: so gutting........

Whatever happens.................keep your chin up mate...........there is always another ZS waiting to have your magic worked on it!

Jim