theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   btcc wheels (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=23323)

stamford 15-11-12 11:40 AM

Very nice. Nicely rolled arches, but is that from the usual arch roller or something else? I was looking to either make one or buy one.

redzed 15-11-12 01:14 PM

dont buy one! come and use mine, im not far from you. its a normal rolling kit but i pushed it out as much as possible as i didnt know how the wheels would fit! kits is availble to members if anyone needs as it easy to use and companies charge £200 plus to do it

redzed 15-11-12 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LozMachine (Post 282180)
What size and offset are they Redders, come on give us a clue! Tyres? :hump:

cant remember the exact offset, but the measurement from the inside of the hub to the inside of the wheel is the same as a mk1 rim, so it just sticks out 2 inches more to the outside. Tyres are ex btcc ones,

redzed 15-11-12 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneekyparrot (Post 282213)
They look gr8t m8!

But sizes and prices would be good?

Also what u done to those mk1 arches they look more than just rolled?

Guess only issue I can see is they are going to plaster the side of the car without a covering / mudflap but then again if it's track focused then does it matter???

Cheers

P.

Cheers mate, im loving them! paid about £600 for them theyre 17inch by 9 inch wide team dynamics with btcc ex slicks. im not bothered about mud on the car but im going to get a set for my road one so will need some guards i think. The arches are rolled with a normal rolling kit but i just pushed them out much more than normal (which wrecked the arch!) but im not worried about looks as i just dont want any rub, but i didnt know how much they would eactely fit till igot them and i have pushed it out too far but im not worried, its going to be a mk2 soon anyway.

redzed 15-11-12 01:31 PM

Also on the weight of them i compared to a zs wheel with tyres on and they actually weigh nearly 2 kgs lighter than a zs wheel with tyres on. so saving unsprung weight as well as adding grip

stamford 15-11-12 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redzed (Post 282237)
dont buy one! come and use mine, im not far from you. its a normal rolling kit but i pushed it out as much as possible as i didnt know how the wheels would fit! kits is availble to members if anyone needs as it easy to use and companies charge £200 plus to do it

Sweet :thumbsup:

Worth trying before I decide to cut the lips off and fit cut trailer arches a la oval hotrods.

PM me your address and email, we'll have to meet up sometime. Hopefully before the end of the month as the zed is being sorned for a while.