theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Cars For Sale (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Trophy Yellow 2L TD Saloon (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=27232)

p_b82 26-01-14 06:19 PM

Sorry to see you selling up, but as others have said needs must.

It is a good price for the spec, but as already said, there are currently lots of cars out there in that price bracket - hope you are not after a quick sale and can hold out for your asking price :)

daytona365 26-01-14 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enright (Post 330555)
If you can get that much for it you'll be doing REALLY well. Last year I got my Dad a 1 owner 53 plate Mondeo TDCi Ghia X with 72K on it for £2100, and reluctantly have to admit that it's better built, better equipped, more refined/comfortable and more economical.

He's now not getting the use out of it because he's nearly 85, so has said he'll probably let me have it this year because he'll get a mobility scooter - providing I give him half what I get for mine. It's a no-brainer really when mine has 152K on it - I'd be daft not to.

I love my ZS - it's been a fantastic car to me, but I have to be realistic and acknowledge that if it hadn't been for it being a bargain in the first place, and because of owning a ZR TD previously I know that they cost peanuts to run, I doubt I'd have made it here.

Its still a Mondeo at end of the day lol...Goes round corners like a snow plow and has no personality......:sick:

MG ZS STE 27-01-14 06:23 AM

I must see dozens of mondeos everyday, I hardly ever see any ZS's and very rarely a Mk2.

Skillen 27-01-14 08:14 AM

We used to call my dads mondeo "the pea green boat"
It was pea green and handled like a boat.

Dan1971 27-01-14 08:25 AM

Come on fellas - this isn't a thread about Mondeos....

Good luck with the sale - plenty of time and effort spent on it.

MG 53 ZED 27-01-14 05:00 PM

Thanks for the comments guys. At the end of the day I won't let her go at a stupid price ( no matter what the other half says Lol). I do think it is a fair price for the amount of time, effort and cost that has gone into making her what she is today certainly has been a hobby.

dmc123 05-02-14 06:59 PM

could be interested, i think i will watch for a bit, see if anyone else states an interest, as it is a keen price for mileage and age, with a cam belt change due, and leaky power steering hoses,

it is a very nice car though!!!

ZS 06-02-14 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmc123 (Post 331484)
could be interested, i think i will watch for a bit, see if anyone else states an interest, as it is a keen price for mileage and age, with a cam belt change due, and leaky power steering hoses,

it is a very nice car though!!!

Since he say's
Quote:

Originally Posted by MG 53 ZED (Post 330484)
if I get the asking price I will get the cambelts and power steering hoses done.

Its not as bad as you think :)

Jason04r 06-02-14 08:07 AM

Good luck with the sale , i needed a good picture with daytime running lights so thanks for that haha!

dmc123 10-02-14 01:28 PM

No disrespect, but seeing cars that have sold on ebay, autotrader, etc, surely its only worth 2200 tops, WITH belts and power steering hoses done? as above no disrespect, just an observation-question ?