theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Jules Bianchi Crash (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=28703)

Dan1971 06-10-14 08:13 PM

I truly wish him well and pray that he can recover.

Looking at that accident; the speed and angle of impact against such an object - I can't see it to be honest.

We all have a degree in hindsight. It was an accident. I hope that they don't go hunting someone to blame.

talkingcars 07-10-14 11:34 AM

Nasty, hope he has a full recovery.

I noticed the green flag.

The machine was close to its weight limit, if you watch as it reverses it is bouncing up and down. Coupled with the wedge shape of the back meant that he went under the back lifting it. I suspect the stronger cockpit of the modern cars will have helped, an unloaded machine would have been worse.

petet16 07-10-14 12:17 PM

Still being reported as critical but stable by the FIA, easy to be wise after the event I guess but I can't help but think they should have deployed the SC while the recovery vehicles were attending to Sutil's car.

I wish him all the best, but he faces a long road to recovery.

Alan.F 07-10-14 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason04r (Post 347220)
If you look at the video the marshal was waving a green flag and not the correct yellow flag . Even after the crash he still waved the green flag

This marshal was waving the correct flag (green) as the accident was before his post (12) post 11 would of been double waved yellows and 10 a static yellow.

I am a marshal and i too would of waved a green at that point as per MSA and FIA rules

pheelay 07-10-14 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan.F (Post 347248)
This marshal was waving the correct flag (green) as the accident was before his post (12) post 11 would of been double waved yellows and 10 a static yellow.

I am a marshal and i too would of waved a green at that point as per MSA and FIA rules

So, the flag's effect occurs when the driver passes the flag, rather than when the flag comes into view? It would mean the Bianchi should have been driving at yellow flag speeds. Not trying to draw conclusions as I'm sure we dont have the full story, just being curious on the circumstances.

Alan.F 07-10-14 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pheelay (Post 347250)
So, the flag's effect occurs when the driver passes the flag, rather than when the flag comes into view? It would mean the Bianchi should have been driving at yellow flag speeds. Not trying to draw conclusions as I'm sure we dont have the full story, just being curious on the circumstances.

Yes m8 this is correct he will of passed 2 caution flags and maybe he started to hit the gas as he saw the green come in to view, which may have caused his turbo to spool up and thus losing him traction and resulting in his accident.

talkingcars 07-10-14 08:33 PM

But they were originally waving the yellow flag changing it to green once the first car was in the air.

Alan.F 07-10-14 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talkingcars (Post 347264)
But they were originally waving the yellow flag changing it to green once the first car was in the air.

That was because as the truck moved back it was taken from his zone so he changed to green