theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Super Charged ZS need our Help (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=24551)

daytona365 01-03-13 06:06 PM

Its such a nice car, it deserves to be kept on the road..Any help and Im sure you will find it.....I saw it at ZED 10 and it looked awesome.........

Supercharged_Z 01-03-13 06:24 PM

you got the engine started yet?

Cruizer 02-03-13 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercharged_Z (Post 298281)
you got the engine started yet?

Not yet, its cracked the main belt cover, so wanting to investigate that before i attempt it.

If its damaged though, its already done when I crashed it, and the police attempted to start it, which I wasn't too happy about.

Nor 02-03-13 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruizer (Post 298278)
Thanks
Nath

Been there myself very recently Nath.

Insurance would definitely write it off if the repairs were more than £1500 I reckon. Depends how much it'll cost you, but if you wouldn't lose your NCB it might be worth claiming £1500 or less for the repairs.

ian zs180 02-03-13 05:06 PM

Gutted for you mate hope you get it all sorted out

bowthruster 02-03-13 05:13 PM

So sorry for you mate,hope you get it sorted.The last picture- looks stunning by the way

Dave MGT 02-03-13 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruizer (Post 298417)
Not yet, its cracked the main belt cover, so wanting to investigate that before i attempt it.

If its damaged though, its already done when I crashed it, and the police attempted to start it, which I wasn't too happy about.

Looks like the fans etc have pushed the cover into the belt area stopping the engine from turning.....?
I would remove the engine mount so the engine is free and try and rotate it by hand.
The zs or zr is not very strong upfront at all really

What a stupid **** the copper was! Why even bother starting it!? I be you went mental. It wasn't going to be driven.

Cruizer 02-03-13 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave MGT (Post 298446)
Looks like the fans etc have pushed the cover into the belt area stopping the engine from turning.....?
I would remove the engine mount so the engine is free and try and rotate it by hand.
The zs or zr is not very strong upfront at all really

What a stupid **** the copper was! Why even bother starting it!? I be you went mental. It wasn't going to be driven.

It refused to start for them, it made a slight splutter of life but then nothing. Did sound to have compression, but that means nothing really.

Went mad with them, was already fuming that I'd crashed the car.

Its snapped the three ignition coils on the front bank, so wouldn't start anyway. That engine mounting you mention snapped too!

paulzs180 02-03-13 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruizer (Post 298464)
It refused to start for them, it made a slight splutter of life but then nothing. Did sound to have compression, but that means nothing really.

Went mad with them, was already fuming that I'd crashed the car.

Its snapped the three ignition coils on the front bank, so wouldn't start anyway. That engine mounting you mention snapped too!

Nathan I got a vid of my engine starting ;) wanna see it lol

serious note tho dude, whats the list of parts needed to get the charged beast back on the road?

Cruizer 02-03-13 06:26 PM

See, this cars had no expense spared all its life, I spared no expense buying it, so I'm wanting to get brand new of everything, as much as i can, unless stupidly expensive.

But anyway, the rough list I've got upto now is.....

Front bumper - Sourced new
Bumper support - Sourced new
Bumper mesh - Sourced new
N/S Headlight - Sourced new
O/S Headlight - Sourced new
O/S fog lamp
O/S fog lamp bracket
N/S fog lamp bracket
O/S wing
Bonnet
Grille
Bonnet hinges
Slam panel
Windscreen
N/S arch liner
O/S arch liner
F/Number plate
Drivers airbag
Passengers airbag
N/S seatbelt
O/S seatbelt
Airbag ECU
Crash sensors?
Coolant radiator
A/C Radiator
Fan assembly
Ignition coils x3
Timing belt cover(s)
O/S engine mounting

And anything else it's potentially damaged that I'm not yet aware of.

So don't need much haha