theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Members Cars (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   1st wash (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=13611)

peterzs 05-09-10 05:35 PM

Washes up well, looks OK, great cars.

:smile1::smile1::smile1::smile1:

Craig 05-09-10 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterzs (Post 168564)
Washes up well, looks OK, great cars.

:smile1::smile1::smile1::smile1:

Thanks folks!

It does actually scrubs up quite well. Back bumper could do with a respray but bodily its probs in better condition than the old one.

It came with a poorly fitted piperx open cone so it actually sounds quite meaty. My old 180 was very subdued so its nice to have some induction roar. Its quite nippy in the lower range and I dont do many miles like I did in the v6 so im not missing the extra power (yet) :) Really needs a tf wheel though.

Maxfly 05-09-10 06:07 PM

Aye my mates old 120 that had the open cone did sound very meaty so least ye have that;)

One thing...does it have a dodgy 'tribal' decal on the back windae?:pirate2:

Craig 05-09-10 06:21 PM

Yeah mate, that will be removed very soon! :)

sduk 05-09-10 06:55 PM

looks great Craig, nice wee project. I really miss my ZS, its a shame I couldnt get cruise control and air con in mine or I probably would have kept it! :)

will look totally class with the R45 headlights and mk2 grill, be like a new car.

what sort of rims you thinking?

Craig 05-09-10 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sduk (Post 168593)
looks great Craig, nice wee project. I really miss my ZS, its a shame I couldnt get cruise control and air con in mine or I probably would have kept it! :)

will look totally class with the R45 headlights and mk2 grill, be like a new car.

what sort of rims you thinking?

Cheers dude! TBH I wouldnt mind a set like you had on your MK2!

JIMZS180 05-09-10 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig (Post 168567)
Thanks folks!

It does actually scrubs up quite well. Back bumper could do with a respray but bodily its probs in better condition than the old one.

It came with a poorly fitted piperx open cone so it actually sounds quite meaty. My old 180 was very subdued so its nice to have some induction roar. Its quite nippy in the lower range and I dont do many miles like I did in the v6 so im not missing the extra power (yet) :) Really needs a tf wheel though.

Criag..if you get a tf wheel I have a spare airbag you can have it is the newer version with the badge on it rather than stamped into the rubber centre.

Craig 05-09-10 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMZS180 (Post 168598)
Criag..if you get a tf wheel I have a spare airbag you can have it is the newer version with the badge on it rather than stamped into the rubber centre.

Cool mate! much you lookin for it?

stamford 05-09-10 08:38 PM

TB best colour buddy :D

Craig 05-09-10 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 168628)
TB best colour buddy :D

Oh yes! Totally agree there Mick. I loved my zr in tb and when I got the 180 when ever I saw a TB ZS I wished mine was TB. It just looks gorgeous when clean. Plus its a lot easier getting body parts in TB rather than tahiti.