theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   286bhp, i dont think so?? (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=12522)

Jay-ZS+ 01-06-10 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxxed_Ross (Post 156775)
Everyone knows stickers are worth between 5 - 20bhp each, and up to 50bhp for a blingin' sun strip

The RR mine went on must have been well out as mine must be at least 400 with all the stickers :laugh:

car13 01-06-10 01:35 PM

Makes you laugh, we are all happy to see 200bhp out of a KV6.

shcKr- 01-06-10 02:24 PM

But the body kit makes it faster ;) Everyone knows that!!

Bobdope2002 01-06-10 02:31 PM

I sent him a question yesterday about so called Scooby killer this was his reply

Quote:

hi its had internal engine mods as well as a remap, upgraded injectors, fuel pump, air filter and exhaust if you are unsure then please dont bid as all this cost £3800 im not botherd if it dont sell as i will just keep it and get in on rolling road like i said my mate had a wrx sti which was running around 280BHP and this stayed with him till he got to 112MPH then i shot passed as his sti was still limited to 112MPH this is better on fuel and alot cheaper to insure than anything like that
cheers

Jay-ZS+ 01-06-10 07:53 PM

I was looking at this and thought Id ask a few questions about it........

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ (Post 156908)
Hi just wondered what internal mods have been done to the engine, Camshafts, throttle bodies, forged pistons, supercharger, Nos? Also im intrested in why the injectors were uprated as the std ones handle over 300bhp?

Do you have any pictures of the engine bay? What would you accept for cash?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seller (Post 156908)
when the uprated fuel pump was fitted they could not handle it so was told injectors needed uprating and yes internal mods are Camshafts, throttle bodies, forged pistons if you send me you email ady i will get some of engine bay £2500 cash would buy it or sensible offers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ (Post 156908)
What management does the car run on? My email address is ................ some engine bay pics would be good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seller (Post 156908)
not sure mate all i know is its been remapped will get photos sorted tomorrow car mite be sold i am waiting for a phone call

So its running throttle bodies on a std ecu by the sounds of it! :rofl:
Wonder what the engine bay looks like, maybe the touring car team could have learnt a thing or two from this car! :unsure::shoot:

p_b82 01-06-10 08:18 PM

what is the bet that he sends you some pics of a completely OE engine bay ;)

Jay-ZS+ 01-06-10 08:21 PM

I aint a gambling man but id put money on a std engine with a k&n fitted right in the engine bay! lol

Dave MGT 01-06-10 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ (Post 157011)
I was looking at this and thought Id ask a few questions about it........

So its running throttle bodies on a std ecu by the sounds of it! :rofl:
Wonder what the engine bay looks like, maybe the touring car team could have learnt a thing or two from this car! :unsure::shoot:

Nice one Jay. Think i would have told him to **** off and stop bullshiting people.

Have you got ur 180 back now?

Jay-ZS+ 01-06-10 08:33 PM

Not yet but being lent an upgrade to the courtesy car ive had :D

Will pop round when its all done for some tips on stripping it!

Simon's ZS-120 01-06-10 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 156907)
The fairy at the bottom of his garden told him it had that much power........................

you told me if i fold my back seats down i get 50 bhp so he must have folded them flat nd got 100bhp:bounce: