theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   ZS180 v Scooby WRX (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=18481)

Ritchy 18-09-11 08:36 PM

i completly trounced a racing bike on my mountainbike on tuesday, and i had a flat tyre, shame it was a fat guy

Bobdope2002 18-09-11 08:40 PM

Lol Willy wanging is mega in this thread

grimmy 18-09-11 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ritchy (Post 223038)
i completly trounced a racing bike on my mountainbike on tuesday, and i had a flat tyre, shame it was a fat guy

Lol. but sadly this is the most sensible post in the thread.

Supercharged_Z 18-09-11 08:48 PM

its disapointing to see people taking the **** or disbelif in the cars we all drive. might as well give up now and go buy a scoob, as all the experience of people on track and many on road means nothing.

Especially if people who push the zs to the extremes are being put down. whats the point. might as well post on a generic multicar forum. I dont spose anybody is actually intrested in real life experience on here then.

cdti 18-09-11 08:49 PM

I've always thought scoobs to be quicker than 180's even in the standard UK WRX spec. That goes for acceleration, top speed and cornering.

S13AVO 18-09-11 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercharged_Z (Post 223044)
its disapointing to see people taking the **** or disbelif in the cars we all drive. might as well give up now and go buy a scoob, as all the experience of people on track and many on road means nothing.

Especially if people who push the zs to the extremes are being put down. whats the point. might as well post on a generic multicar forum. I dont spose anybody is actually intrested in real life experience on here then.

Totally agree with you !!!!

Quadcam24 18-09-11 09:09 PM

Its all about the driver, you could have a 500 bhp subaru and still be overtaken on a race track by a standard MG ZS, or vice versa.
Personally ive never come across a Subaru, that i couldnt show a clean set of heels too, but ive also never come across an MG ZS that i couldn't show a clean set of heels too either.

Dan1971 18-09-11 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadcam24 (Post 223050)
Its all about the driver, you could have a 500 bhp subaru and still be overtaken on a race track by a standard MG ZS, or vice versa.
Personally ive never come across a Subaru, that i couldnt show a clean set of heels too, but ive also never come across an MG ZS that i couldn't show a clean set of heels too either.

Exactamundo .....

Dave MGT 18-09-11 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobdope2002 (Post 223040)
Lol Willy wanging is mega in this thread

Bit of a stupid comment!
Im stating real life situations and exsperiences. Well, call it what you want.

Just to say a 250bhp scooby wouldnt leave a zs180 for dust in a straight line. Trans loss on the scooby is about 70-80bhp.
But as said....the driver does come into it to a certain exstent.
A mate I work with has a scooby with that power and my 180 is definetly quicker, no question. He keeps asking to swap cars! He thought it was turboed untill last week......I did laugh!

Im not slating scoobys. They are great cars!....but I think people need to give the ZS a bit more credit. Sad to say that on a ZS forum!

Anyway, this is my last post here because like Ross, Im getting fed up of all the negative digs.

S13AVO 18-09-11 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave MGT (Post 223052)
Bit of a stupid comment!
Im stating real life situations and exsperiences. Well, call it what you want.

Just to say a 250bhp scooby wouldnt leave a zs180 for dust in a straight line. Trans loss on the scooby is about 70-80bhp.
But as said....the driver does come into it to a certain exstent.
A mate I work with has a scooby with that power and my 180 is definetly quicker, no question. He keeps asking to swap cars! He thought it was turboed untill last week......I did laugh!

Im not slating scoobys. They are great cars!....but I think people need to give the ZS a bit more credit. Sad to say that on a ZS forum!

Anyway, this is my last post here because like Ross, Im getting fed up of all the negative digs.

Should have a like button like facebook, cos I'd of like this comment :-) well said :-)