theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Considering a 180 (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=11750)

stamford 30-03-10 12:57 PM

Go pester her on dubscene, she runs a Scirocco GTi ;)

ThumpJunkie 30-03-10 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 148085)
Go pester her on dubscene, she runs a Scirocco GTi ;)

I saw ;) Immense choice of motor!

Anyway, back to this ZS malarky... hopefully some of my local chums will be able to come with me to any viewings? :)

Maxfly 30-03-10 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThumpJunkie (Post 148088)
I saw ;) Immense choice of motor!

Anyway, back to this ZS malarky... hopefully some of my local chums will be able to come with me to any viewings? :)

Aye, if I'm aff nae bother fella:) Would say that it can take a wee while at times for them to pop up local enough to be worthwhile going to see!! Was looking for ages for mine and still had to drive from Inverness to Dundee to check it over lol:D

You can still do plenty modding with them but it can more often than not just be wee touches to make it your own.

An the other thing is that the bodykit is very susceptible to stone chips so check that, especially the spats on the rear doors:)

ThumpJunkie 30-03-10 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxfly (Post 148097)
Aye, if I'm aff nae bother fella:) Would say that it can take a wee while at times for them to pop up local enough to be worthwhile going to see!! Was looking for ages for mine and still had to drive from Inverness to Dundee to check it over lol:D

You can still do plenty modding with them but it can more often than not just be wee touches to make it your own.

An the other thing is that the bodykit is very susceptible to stone chips so check that, especially the spats on the rear doors:)

Aye, was thinking that I'll probably have to travel. If it's local I'll see if Kev wants to tag along and advise me too.

I wouldn't really be doing much TBH, just the things like you've done which improve the car without necessarily making it appear modified... rear headrests, HIDs, tub of lube in the armrest, etc..

arwilson80 30-03-10 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThumpJunkie (Post 148104)
tub of lube in the armrest...

You still need it? I thought you would've been past that point now... :p :happy2:

ThumpJunkie 30-03-10 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arwilson80 (Post 148109)
You still need it? I thought you would've been past that point now... :p :happy2:

Blood is my lubrication of choice these days.

Maxfly 30-03-10 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThumpJunkie (Post 148104)
Aye, was thinking that I'll probably have to travel. If it's local I'll see if Kev wants to tag along and advise me too.

I wouldn't really be doing much TBH, just the things like you've done which improve the car without necessarily making it appear modified... rear headrests, HIDs, tub of lube in the armrest, etc..

Aye Kevs ze man, helped me oot over the phone when myself and Sammy were checking over mine:)

An I've telt ye before i don't use lube, am a hardcore highlander and prefer swarfega:D

grimmy 30-03-10 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxfly (Post 148114)
Aye Kevs ze man, helped me oot over the phone when myself and Sammy were checking over mine:)

An I've telt ye before i don't use lube, am a hardcore highlander and prefer swarfega:D

Yeah the swarfega with bits in yeeha.

ThumpJunkie 30-03-10 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grimmy (Post 148125)
Yeah the swarfega with bits in yeeha.

Ribbed for YOUR pleasure.

talkingcars 30-03-10 07:23 PM

What's to think about, the ZS is a much more grown up car all round.

I've just driven 200 miles in mine, 80 of this on local roads in rush hour traffic avoiding the M25, got out as fresh as when I got in.