theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Love And Hate!? (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=12696)

RudeDogg1 15-06-10 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterzs (Post 158629)
Love - its a yellow, derv ZS with full kit.

Hate - the mk2 alloys, I cant park it, drive it, without the dreaded scruuunch from one of the rims. No protection from the tyres but I can live with the flattened rim edge. Maybe its just my c*ap driving but even outside the house I can scrape the kerb. Doh!!!!!

40 miles = about ?5.00

:bow::bow::bow: :):):)

why dont u just buy tyres with the thickened edge to help protect the rims

peterzs 15-06-10 06:25 PM

Bought some Hankooks because I thought they had the rim protector, after bashing front near side decided they didnt work.

Backed the car up outside the house and did the rear off side, they all look about the same now, like someone has taken an angle grinder to the rims.

Reckon if I go on like I am, there wont be a rim left to hold the tyre on.

Does make me appreciate how well some of the others look after their wheels!!!

Does anyone know of a tyre that has a rim protector that works?????

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Gazza 15-06-10 06:48 PM

Love the look of the mk2 with the body kit

Hate how dated they are

benedwards64 15-06-10 06:55 PM

Love: KV6 engine, handling, brakes, fuel consumption (my previous car was a 3.0 Turbo Supra which did about 15mpg!)

Hate: FWD, annoying squeaks.

For those wingeing about fuel consumption - for the power they produce, the KV6 really isn't that bad! A friend of mine had a Mondeo ST24 that was slower, less powerful and thirstier!

daveronimo 15-06-10 08:30 PM

love - kv6 motor
hate - rattles in the interior, faulty sensors, general quality issues (maybe because it's British?!)

idge2003 15-06-10 10:33 PM

i have easily done 70-80 miles on a tenner though[/QUOTE]

Jesus I think I'd struggle to do 50 miles on a tenner!

Love- The V6 growl and the look on peoples faces when they think they've just be had by an old rover 400!

Hate- Again the rattles and knocks!

Brett

caled 15-06-10 10:35 PM

Ive been keeping an eye on the mpg of my mk2 180 for the last few months, and barring the couple of weeks after I got it and the fortnight in scotland (hehe...), the fuel consumption has been a consistent 27mpg - that's combination of mostly town driving, bit of motorway and occassional play.

Love - the way it always puts a smile on my face, the way it looks, the way it handles, the power, the fact its british made, I could go on and on...

Hate - as everyone has mentioned, the fuel consumption. Even though it isnt bad for the power, its still not exactly a diesel, is it?

As for peterzs - try stop driving so damn close to the kerb. Or drop your mirrors when youre reversing so that you can see the kerb.

Gavspav 16-06-10 05:21 AM

Love corners.
Hate .....................................it's a wee bit dated inside nicht wahr?

stamford 16-06-10 07:32 AM

Love: everything, even after 70k miles and 5 years of ownership, it still makes me smile :D

Hate: the cost of tuning parts..........for very little gain.

Dan1971 16-06-10 09:55 AM

Love(d) - Performance per pound on purchase is unbeatable. Exterior looks. The on-line "family".

Hate(d) - Electric window switches. Poor turning circle. Handles.