theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Cars For Sale (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   mg6 (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=12736)

Phate 20-06-10 04:14 PM

I personally think that for the most part the MG brand is dead in the UK. Apart from in enthusiasts like us.

For MG to succeed they need to appear with a FULL line up of cars. Not just one car at a time, so they have something which appeals to all.

Bobdope2002 20-06-10 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phate (Post 159189)
I personally think that for the most part the MG brand is dead in the UK. Apart from in enthusiasts like us.

For MG to succeed they need to appear with a FULL line up of cars. Not just one car at a time, so they have something which appeals to all.

I agree with ya theyre bud

i for one when it eventually comes to buying a new car it wont be an MG

Ritchy 20-06-10 04:56 PM

i think the saloon will look better, dont really like the hatch, tanya still wants an MG zero though, shall see what theyre like, seen nicer ones than that, that salmon colour doesnt do a lot for me

daytona365 20-06-10 05:39 PM

UGLY CARS dont sell???????????????? HMMMMMMMMMM Ford Focus, the new KA, new Fiesta, Renault Scenic, BMW X6, Porsche Cayenne, BMW 1series, Honda Jazz, Toyota Yaris Lexus EX..............All worthy of vomitting on!!!!

As MG owners we should be glad that in time they will be back in BTCC and may make a sprts version.........

Southside_ZS 20-06-10 05:56 PM

I wouldnt of used them pics if i was him, thats the chinese spec model which looks cheap and does the car no favours, MG UK has confirmed UK cars will come with 18" wheels as standard and slightly lower suspension.

MG6Turbo 20-06-10 06:25 PM

We will be acquiring a new MG 6 hopefully in November and will set about making it a more sporty car with engine remaps and a better more efficient intercooler set up and induction and exhaust.

I for one liked that colour in the flesh, but the interior does need some sorting.

The 3.6 v6 will be a multivalve vtech and we should see well over 220bhp from it.

There is a also a diesel coming and the diesel and v6 models will have a new 6 speed gearbox .

George

rozzr 20-06-10 09:02 PM

yeah definately not a car i'd ever consider, looks cheap and nasty - seats look nice but I guess you can't expect too much from a ?15k car..

baz69 20-06-10 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daytona365 (Post 159214)
UGLY CARS dont sell???????????????? HMMMMMMMMMM Ford Focus, the new KA, new Fiesta, Renault Scenic, BMW X6, Porsche Cayenne, BMW 1series, Honda Jazz, Toyota Yaris Lexus EX..............All worthy of vomitting on!!!!

As MG owners we should be glad that in time they will be back in BTCC and may make a sprts version.........

you forgot the ugliest of the lot the Fiat multipla pmsl

Phate 20-06-10 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rovermgparts (Post 159221)
We will be acquiring a new MG 6 hopefully in November and will set about making it a more sporty car with engine remaps and a better more efficient intercooler set up and induction and exhaust.

I for one liked that colour in the flesh, but the interior does need some sorting.

The 3.6 v6 will be a multivalve vtech and we should see well over 220bhp from it.

There is a also a diesel coming and the diesel and v6 models will have a new 6 speed gearbox .

George

I should hope a 3.6 V6 would produce around the 300bhp mark? 3.6L isn't exactly small, are they using an american engine? lol

Maxxed_Ross 21-06-10 08:44 AM

I was speaking to the MG PR team at Silverstone and they were saying all the cars shown so far have been the Chineese spec cars. The UK spec will be a bit lower, have bigger wheels and likely have a boot spoiler of some sort and stiffer suspension.

To be honest I was so ready not to like the 6, but actually in the flesh it looks ok. The front is quite mean and the inside is well set out. Has the strangest handbrake I've ever seen though!