theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Today is a sad day for my new ZS :( (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=19860)

Boot Hill Bandit 11-02-12 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterzs (Post 237155)
George seems to be breaking good ZS's, might be able to PX yours for a decent one.

agreed. Let G have your ZS and pay a bit more for a fixed one off him. George has supplied quite a few members good cars on here. Just PM him and have a chat see what can be done.

thestribb 11-02-12 09:26 PM

Yeah I've sent over some pictures to him so we'll see what happens, if I can get it fixed or like you say exchanged for another plus some extra £ I'll be a very happy chappy. Not too fussy on the new one either, as long as it's a hatchback i'd be immensely grateful.

stamford 11-02-12 09:34 PM

Sorry to hear about this. Certainly a bad one and would have been written off straight away. I would be fuming if the scrote who caused this got away, I wouldn't let it go.

Boot Hill Bandit 11-02-12 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thestribb (Post 237173)
Yeah I've sent over some pictures to him so we'll see what happens, if I can get it fixed or like you say exchanged for another plus some extra £ I'll be a very happy chappy. Not too fussy on the new one either, as long as it's a hatchback i'd be immensely grateful.

Well you've done the right thing in talking to George. If it is fixable economically he will tell you. I suspect judging by the state of that front end the chassis legs are bound to have been tweaked.........sometimes it is just more economical to buy another ZS, this looks like one of those cases.

I'm sure George will be able to help you out. Best of luck fella.

ian zs180 11-02-12 11:07 PM

Sorry about your zed mate at least your ok thats the main thing ,the car can always be replaced and i,m sure you will find another great zs good luck with it pal

thestribb 12-02-12 12:25 AM

Thanks for your kind words chaps, much appreciated. Hopefully something is salvageable or like you say, get another one. I'll keep you posted on future developments.

Smokey 12-02-12 06:47 AM

I have plenty of body parts in this colour for sale so if its fixable you can give me a shout.

talkingcars 12-02-12 09:16 AM

Sorry to see this.

Hopefully you'll come out of it okay but I suspect the car is beyond affordable repair, the front end looks to have chassis damage.

I also suspect that you wont get far trying to claim against the clio as there was no impact with them or any other car, have you spoken to the police?

Let us know how you get on.

mattie007 12-02-12 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokey (Post 237190)
I have plenty of body parts in this colour for sale so if its fixable you can give me a shout.

He wanted the skirts and bib last week but you had sold them ;)

p_b82 13-02-12 01:25 PM

Sorry ot see a badly bent ZS - esp as you had not had it long - however as always glad to see that the car stopped injury to any passengers.

As the person that caused the accident failed to stop, unless you get a witness step forward who did get it there is little you can really do...

Good luck with either replacement or repair!