theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Members Cars (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Ok well it's not a 180 (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=19971)

Bobdope2002 21-02-12 03:20 PM

Love it bud!!!

-=FUBES=- 27-02-12 11:19 PM

If you have not already Phate, come on join us on www.uksaabs.co.uk.

To give you an idea of what you can do, here is my old one:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-3...0/SDC16948.jpg

Ironic isn't, I am coming to MG from Saab..........

Have fun with it.

-=F=-

Ritchy 27-02-12 11:44 PM

nice, id try keep it well serviced fresh oil ect for the turbo, pretty sure ive seen a few **** themselfs
didnt know you where becoming an architect=P

readie86 14-03-12 03:10 PM

its not an MG but its from another manufacturer thats gone bust... :tease:

very nice car bet it goes like stink

Bobdope2002 14-03-12 04:29 PM

with no rear brakes i bet it does lol

Unles jakey boy finally fixed it

Phate 14-03-12 10:49 PM

Lol Tim, it's just a siezed rear caliper. Picking it up tomorrow...then it's time to tyre hunt. New tyres all round next month and a geo setup!

Phate 15-03-12 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -=FUBES=- (Post 239921)
If you have not already Phate, come on join us on www.uksaabs.co.uk.

To give you an idea of what you can do, here is my old one:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-3...0/SDC16948.jpg

Ironic isn't, I am coming to MG from Saab..........

Have fun with it.

-=F=-

Thanks Fubes, do you work at Neo Bros?

Phate 15-03-12 06:53 PM

*sigh*

I got my car back tonight, picked it up outside Dads yard where it is pitch black, jumped in it...instantly remembered why I love it.

Anyway, got home, then when reversing on the driveway as I'm using my wing mirrors alot I thought "I swear this is cleaner than when I gave it to him"

Got out, checked round it...it's been washed! the hell?!

And it's been done with a freaking sponge...put it this way, it doesn't look like the OP anymore :(

As ungrateful as it sounds...I really really wished it hadn't have been done. The paintwork was mint, about 5 million layers of wax on it, all I had to do was maintain it, quick 30 minute wash each weekend, done. Now the paintwork is freakin horrid to touch, was smoother than a babys arse before and its full of little lines in the paintwork :cry:

I text Dad asking why did he wash it (he knows I'm a bit anal when it comes to that car) he said he didnt, Jack (his brother who works with him) did it as he had nothing else to do.

I know I sound ridiculously ungrateful and I'll give it a proper wash this weekend and assess the damage in the daylight but I genuinely wish he hadn't of done it.

:cry: Ah well...hopefully me sweating my bollocks off waxing it this weekend will help it out.

andy-81 16-03-12 12:31 PM

nice clean car pal

Phate 18-03-12 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phate (Post 243149)
*sigh*

I got my car back tonight, picked it up outside Dads yard where it is pitch black, jumped in it...instantly remembered why I love it.

Anyway, got home, then when reversing on the driveway as I'm using my wing mirrors alot I thought "I swear this is cleaner than when I gave it to him"

Got out, checked round it...it's been washed! the hell?!

And it's been done with a freaking sponge...put it this way, it doesn't look like the OP anymore :(

As ungrateful as it sounds...I really really wished it hadn't have been done. The paintwork was mint, about 5 million layers of wax on it, all I had to do was maintain it, quick 30 minute wash each weekend, done. Now the paintwork is freakin horrid to touch, was smoother than a babys arse before and its full of little lines in the paintwork :cry:

I text Dad asking why did he wash it (he knows I'm a bit anal when it comes to that car) he said he didnt, Jack (his brother who works with him) did it as he had nothing else to do.

I know I sound ridiculously ungrateful and I'll give it a proper wash this weekend and assess the damage in the daylight but I genuinely wish he hadn't of done it.

:cry: Ah well...hopefully me sweating my bollocks off waxing it this weekend will help it out.

Going on from this...I washed and waxed the car today.

Thankfully, it's fixed 90% of the hairline scratches on it :)

Going on from that, I serviced the car this weekend and I'm happy to report its running like a dream, replaced that damn SAI valve that needed doing and it pulls like a train right through the rev range in all gears now :) result.

Will be quiet for the month now, next month it's:

New tyres all round
Laser alignment to ensure all is well, if not make corrections where needed
MOT
Tax

And investigate the knocking noise coming from the front right corner....

I sense another expensive month lol.