theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Members Cars (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   New Ride (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=20659)

Taphouse 07-04-12 04:19 PM

Good stuff! We have car twins!! They look almost identical. Are they pro race 2.1 on the front, do you have the rest of the set?

Smokey 07-04-12 04:21 PM

rear strut donation for track car? :D:D:D

617sqn 07-04-12 05:21 PM

Newbie's Ride

3 Attachment(s)
Hi, I've had my ZS 180 since the 8th of March. Have to say I felt very comfortable in it from the off : it feels so "natural", if you get my drift ? I'm on the lookout for a set of naked straights to have re-furbished. Those on the car have a few kerbing marks and spoil the overall effect.

Andy G.

ZS 07-04-12 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taphouse (Post 247288)
Good stuff! We have car twins!! They look almost identical. Are they pro race 2.1 on the front, do you have the rest of the set?

18" Pro Race 1.2 yes... and I have three in total (hence the straights on the back) Unsure if I should just go buy a 4th (4th apparently was stolen while previous owner went into the house to get a coffee while working on the car) or to replace the whole lot with some 17's...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokey (Post 247289)
rear strut donation for track car? :D:D:D

I am unsure if the strut brace fits a saloon? and also what effect it has on the car...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 617sqn (Post 247296)
Hi, I've had my ZS 180 since the 8th of March. Have to say I felt very comfortable in it from the off : it feels so "natural", if you get my drift ? I'm on the lookout for a set of naked straights to have re-furbished. Those on the car have a few kerbing marks and spoil the overall effect.

Andy G.

That looks like my last 180 did when I first got her :) some pictures (before I fitted the brembo's and then subsequently sold it) - http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=11588 - Damn I miss that car :) hopefully this one will go some way to helping me feel more at home in a car again :) - Its damn quick!

welshone 07-04-12 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taphouse (Post 247288)
car twins!!

I thought it was yours from my first post :laugh:

peterzs 07-04-12 06:26 PM

Thought the same, only knew that this one had sat for a couple of years.

Spooky or what.

Well done ZS, have fun.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Taphouse 07-04-12 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZS (Post 247298)
18" Pro Race 1.2 yes... and I have three in total (hence the straights on the back) Unsure if I should just go buy a 4th (4th apparently was stolen while previous owner went into the house to get a coffee while working on the car) or to replace the whole lot with some 17's...

I would get the 4th they look great! I also wanted to try pro race's on mine, but never found them with the right offset.

Quote:

Originally Posted by welshone (Post 247312)
I thought it was yours from my first post :laugh:

Me too! :bounce:

ZS 07-04-12 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taphouse (Post 247324)
I would get the 4th they look great! I also wanted to try pro race's on mine, but never found them with the right offset.

If I do, I need to remove one of the tyres as for some reason Team Dynamics put all their wheel details inside the wheel... lol

Also as they are 18's.. untill I rasie the car I won't know if thats the reason for the tyres hitting the arches (although not enough to fail the MOT...)

mattie007 07-04-12 07:02 PM

Love them in red with black wheels.
What happened to your old ZS?

ZS 07-04-12 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattie007 (Post 247331)
Love them in red with black wheels.
What happened to your old ZS?

My old one? Was sold a few months ago... shame :)