theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What does the wife/Mrs think (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=23267)

tb steve 09-11-12 09:41 PM

mine also doe's not like the zs (well the last time she was in it haha ) but then again she has never driven it she only has an auto licence lol
too fast too loud

zsserbia 09-11-12 09:56 PM

Mine's just an std derv, but recently I found out what she meant when I had a ride on a backseat of an Evo X. Felt dizzy, no question about it. But, when behind the wheel physics are completely different and let you enjoy.

Ippon 09-11-12 10:05 PM

We currently have an S-Max (for ferrying the 4 kids abart) and a C1 (60 mpg) ..... WHY do you want to swap the C1 for an old banger !!!! ..... erm .... cos I can't get me and the kids in the C1, if you have the S-Max darling .......... and after our easter trip to Snetterton when he sat in the MG ZRs in the open pit ,,, my 9 year lad is desperate for an MG

littlened 09-11-12 10:15 PM

My Mrs mostly drives our 2011 2.0 diesel Astra. In comparison she thinks both my MGs are old heaps of sh1t.

grimmy 09-11-12 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven11 (Post 281297)
My wife currently drives a 57 plate Fiat Bravo 1.4 Special Edition and she absolutly loves it.

Every time we go anywhere together obviously i drive and all she does the whole time is tear my poor Zed to shreds. She moans its to noisy inside, unacceptably bumpy, the steering is far to heavy, the sounds are s#*t, the seats are uncomfortable. basically she hates it and refuses to drive it unless she really has to. She has been moaning at me to get rid of it for years but i refuse, in 7 years ifs only broke down once and it was a coil that went. £25 and it was fixed, and believe it or not it's had 4 Mot's and never had so much as 1 advisors. its been unbelievably reliable, i just love it

Cant understand why she hates it so much, just wondered what all the other wifes/partners thought ?

Never mind trading the zs .trade her in. my wife actively encourages me to spend money on my 180.

Nobrainer 09-11-12 10:51 PM

Kids love it. Wife will drive it if she has to. She likes the power but not having to avoid speed bumps.

Smokey 09-11-12 11:56 PM

OMG, you guys are soooo unlucky! My wife (Kat2512) absolutely adored our mk2 110 and loves the mk2 180 even more if possible! She loves the handling, the noise (decat and full powerflow) and the power. She also loves the look and wants one that is 'just hers'! Preferably in yellow :no:

Loves the track car too, shame she only had one run in it this year.

Anyway, my wife is truly awesome!!

Kat2512 10-11-12 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokey (Post 281372)
OMG, you guys are soooo unlucky! My wife (Kat2512) absolutely adored our mk2 110 and loves the mk2 180 even more if possible! She loves the handling, the noise (decat and full powerflow) and the power. She also loves the look and wants one that is 'just hers'! Preferably in yellow :no:

Loves the track car too, shame she only had one run in it this year.

Anyway, my wife is truly awesome!!

It's true. Love the zed!

Smokey 10-11-12 12:36 AM

And Grimmy, your missus is a legend!

sh4ggyd00 10-11-12 04:27 AM

my missus hates my zed, "you can feel every bump in the road" and "its tooo loud" are the usual things i get, so i point out she can jump back into her "semi auto" astra that forgets what gear its in and stalls constantly :rofl: