theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   The mk2 is dead :( (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=27011)

Maxfly 21-12-13 07:39 PM

Totally gutting mate, here's hoping its good news when you get a chance to check it over!

peterzs 21-12-13 07:42 PM

Hard luck, hope its not too bad.

Might be worth at a minimum, checking the air filter is not waterlogged and getting the plugs out and spinning over.

If there is any water in there, sooner its out of the system the better.

Keep everything crossed.

Skillen 21-12-13 07:55 PM

Thanks guys.
I probably should do that actually you're right.
Won't do it any good sat in there!

Ritchy 21-12-13 08:32 PM

Hydrolocking doesnt automatically mean its a write off, yes it may have water in but that doesnt mean it that the valves or pistons/rods are wrecked, depends on engine speed ect

stamford 21-12-13 08:57 PM

Sorry to hear this but do wait until fully checked before assuming the engine is scrap. Well worth putting right.

Skillen 21-12-13 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ritchy (Post 327821)
Hydrolocking doesnt automatically mean its a write off, yes it may have water in but that doesnt mean it that the valves or pistons/rods are wrecked, depends on engine speed ect

Fair point thought it did tbh.
Wasn't too fast, engine speed was probably about 2-3k revs really.
Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 327822)
Sorry to hear this but do wait until fully checked before assuming the engine is scrap. Well worth putting right.

Oh it definitely is, I won't destroy it. I repaired it following the front end bumper crack and will again.

Malteser 22-12-13 06:16 AM

In September I sucked up some water in my Isuzu engined Rover and it wouldnt turn over at all. I took out the injectors and turned her over and was amazed at all the water that came out! After that she ran fine but smoked until the engine was warm because one of the connecting rods bent a bit but was still usable if needed until I fixed it.

I was already looking at new engines for the car when a small fix like that lessened the harm. Check that first and for the love of God, DONT TRY TO PUSH START IN GEAR!!! That will surely bend more things and do more damage!

tcb 180 22-12-13 10:17 AM

As above but do it asap as rust in liners will really spoil it for you as it did for us on two scooby engines.

andys1981 22-12-13 12:38 PM

doesnt sound good callum,i would get in there and remove filter plugs etc,hope it isnt as bad,fingers crossed you can get it sorted

Skillen 22-12-13 01:04 PM

Still at work today so doesn't look likely ill get it home till tonight if not tomorrow. :/
Hope she's alright, not sure what else can go wrong if you're sat in a flood lol!