theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   1st shakedown since July 14 (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=29579)

Mark S 14-04-15 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marky Marc 68 (Post 356914)
Nice setup for your brakes, looking at getting my ZS on track this year as a novice, going for oe discs, and yellow stuff pads :smile1:

good stuff, trackdays or full on racing? :)

Marky Marc 68 15-04-15 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark S (Post 356938)
good stuff, trackdays or full on racing? :)

Just trackdays to be honest, never done it before,sure I will take it easy to start with.... :happy:

Mark S 15-04-15 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marky Marc 68 (Post 356968)
Just trackdays to be honest, never done it before,sure I will take it easy to start with.... :happy:

post up some more info, like where you are based, the car etc...

stamford 16-04-15 07:23 AM

Drove it into work this morning, got to make sure it was okay before 2.5hrs to PoL! So an hours drive in wasn't bad just noisy. I just hope the new seat doesn't make my back ache. Missing the stereo but earphones are okay for short stuff and maybe headphones for the longer trips to drown out the cabin noise. Grinning like a daft thing when I opened it up, it still has it :D

petet16 16-04-15 07:55 AM

They're addictive things, I couldn't resist some boost after yesterdays mot pass.

Marky Marc 68 16-04-15 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark S (Post 357003)
post up some more info, like where you are based, the car etc...

I am based in Yeovil, Somerset. Used to live in Kent, still have friends there, looking at doing a trackday at Brands Hatch with my good friend JimmyCoupe :)

I bought his Starlight Silver mk2 180 last year, she needs new brakes, new brake fluid, maybe braided hoses if I can stretch to it. The car has a quaife fitted so the track is an ideal place to really try it out..... :)

Marky Marc 68 16-04-15 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 357010)
Drove it into work this morning, got to make sure it was okay before 2.5hrs to PoL! So an hours drive in wasn't bad just noisy. I just hope the new seat doesn't make my back ache. Missing the stereo but earphones are okay for short stuff and maybe headphones for the longer trips to drown out the cabin noise. Grinning like a daft thing when I opened it up, it still has it :D

Glad you enjoyed yourself, there is just something about these cars that just makes you smile every time you drive :)

dsirrom 16-04-15 06:14 PM

Glad the brakes are working well - enjoy!

Mark S 16-04-15 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marky Marc 68 (Post 357056)
I am based in Yeovil, Somerset. Used to live in Kent, still have friends there, looking at doing a trackday at Brands Hatch with my good friend JimmyCoupe :)

I bought his Starlight Silver mk2 180 last year, she needs new brakes, new brake fluid, maybe braided hoses if I can stretch to it. The car has a quaife fitted so the track is an ideal place to really try it out..... :)

they are great cars on the circuit and if driven well, can embarrass more exotic cars!

The quaife will be OK, being a helical diff it can still go 'open', but will be a nice touch.

its all in the pads, well worth spending a few quid in the right place :)

Marky Marc 68 17-04-15 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark S (Post 357111)
they are great cars on the circuit and if driven well, can embarrass more exotic cars!

The quaife will be OK, being a helical diff it can still go 'open', but will be a nice touch.

its all in the pads, well worth spending a few quid in the right place :)

Thanks for the advice, will be taking it easy to begin with.

Looking at yellow stuff pads, and oe discs :smile1: