theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Build Projects (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Goodwood Restoration (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=30575)

ZS 17-02-16 09:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A few weeks ago I picked up a duel exit exhaust and heat shield, which I have now fitted to the car, I think it looks a lot better with the twin exits now.

Attachment 5935

ZS 17-02-16 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talkingcars (Post 367909)
The one Pete helped you with? ;)
I guess you could get it pressure tested.
When fitting use new O rings.

Aye thats the one, I wouldn't even know where to get it pressure tested! lol

ZS 25-02-16 09:28 AM

Hit a pothole at the side of the road on the way to work this morning while avoiding someone the other side of the road overtaking a tractor, wasn't fast, about 40 in a national country road but it made one almighty bang through the front passenger suspension.

Quite a large Gash in the tyre wall (although not letting air out yet), tracking is out and it feels a bit "woolly" although not pushed the car at all since, literally limped to work and will limp it home again later.

Plan is to look at it over the weekend, strip down the suspension etc and see if anything is broken. In the mean time I will either borrow the missuses car or get her to drop me off to work I think!

Dan1971 25-02-16 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZS (Post 368196)
Hit a pothole at the side of the road on the way to work this morning while avoiding someone the other side of the road overtaking a tractor, wasn't fast, about 40 in a national country road but it made one almighty bang through the front passenger suspension.

Quite a large Gash in the tyre wall (although not letting air out yet), tracking is out and it feels a bit "woolly" although not pushed the car at all since, literally limped to work and will limp it home again later.

Plan is to look at it over the weekend, strip down the suspension etc and see if anything is broken. In the mean time I will either borrow the missuses car or get her to drop me off to work I think!

Nightmare .... stop by it on the way home and take a picture with something in it to demonstrate depth and report to highways authority. Long shot - but if there is a lot of damage - you might be able to get some compensation.

I made a claim a few years ago for a tyre, and they rejected it because it was just inside their dates for inspections - had it been outside they would have paid up.

Dan1971 25-02-16 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZS (Post 367923)
A few weeks ago I picked up a duel exit exhaust and heat shield, which I have now fitted to the car, I think it looks a lot better with the twin exits now.

Attachment 5935

Sure does .... nice one.

ZS 25-02-16 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan1971 (Post 368198)
Nightmare .... stop by it on the way home and take a pciture with something in it to demonstrate depth and report to highways authority. Long shot - but if there is a lot of damage - you might be able to get some compensation.

I made a claim a few years ago for a tyre, and they rejected it because it was just inside their dates for inspections - had it been outside they would have paid up.

Might give that a shot, however it is a country road (Road from Top of Portsdown hill through to Wickham) and the pothole was right on the edge of the road, not something you would normally go near except when dodging bad overtaking maneuvers from the opposite carriageway... Still could be worth a shot.

ZS 10-03-16 08:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
To add to the saga....

Was stationary at a roundabout earlier with handbrake on and and someone drove into the back of me...

Attachment 5940

So... I guess I need at least a new bootlid!

Will whip bumper etc off this weekend, but have an interview later and not sure about getting there yet!

p_b82 10-03-16 10:08 AM

Oh no - that is a an utter PITA

Lukeus101 10-03-16 10:12 AM

Is the other party going to cover the costs?

Sorry to hear this mate :(

Hope the interview goes better

ZS 10-03-16 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukeus101 (Post 368597)
Is the other party going to cover the costs?

Sorry to hear this mate :(

Hope the interview goes better

He is foreigner on foreign insurance... But yes he is covering parts.