theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   supercharged car for sale (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=30760)

john180 13-05-16 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZS (Post 369976)
Buy the supercharger and give me the Xpower ZS? :p

Haha! How about you buy me the super charger and give me it? ;)

sneekyparrot 13-05-16 03:01 PM

Its a nice car, mk2 Red.

Gary Anderson installed the charger with decompression plates. Dean had the engine and gearbox off me for the rebuild.

Paul

Rockey5uk2001 13-05-16 03:21 PM

It would appear to have 10× the interest on facebook

stamford 13-05-16 06:26 PM

I doubt if it'll sell on here unless subs are paid ;)

ZS 13-05-16 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 369980)

This is true, why did I miss that?

Mark S 13-05-16 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockey5uk2001 (Post 369979)

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 369980)

answer seems obvious

sneekyparrot 14-05-16 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockey5uk2001 (Post 369979)

which group is it for sale on?

i.ve left q few due to it being full of utter dickheads :no:

must admit i am surprised considering the amount of work and effort it took to get it all back together u would sell a unique car for something as bland as an s4. I've had a few audis and the only one i would have is the rs4.

mind you i think there will be someone who may pay more than i was able to get for mine.

P.

ZS Phil 14-05-16 09:56 AM

These sound like nothing but an absolute headache and trouble but for some reason I really want it.
How thick were the decompression plates to cause a timing belt to break!?!?!? Saw on facebook this was the reason for the rebuild.
What is the compression ratio now? I assume still standard internals?

More importantly though, how much is it?

ZS Phil 14-05-16 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneekyparrot (Post 369983)

i.ve left q few due to it being full of utter dickheads :no:

There are quite a few but not all, just have to filter through the crap.

More personal preference I guess. I think the "appreciation group" is the best one of the lot maybe after the Longbridge page.

There just never seems to be anything meaningful on the others. "My car did a thing today" (odo turned to 78,000 miles) and "law upheld" (a filthy ZS parked next to a cityrover in an Asda car park somewhere) posts don't really interest me but I'm not saying it makes you a bad person if they do interest other people.

I think it's probably the lack of facility to have a build thread on facebook so people doing the interesting, novel stuff tend to post on forums. Hence my preference for them. Not an absolute rule but I think a fair observation.

Also, every time somebody fits £150 civic EG coilovers to their v6 ZS, lowers it to the ground and then tells everybody how well it handles I die a little bit inside. That said, I've done it my self, that's how I learnt but still... when will people learn!

All that said, I'd still rather look at that than #selfie #no-filter (yeh right) #lips #kisses which would be the case if my news feed wasn't littered with the above instead.

Hang on, why do I have facebook at all? Now who's the knob!? :clap:

Just to clarify, no beef with anyone who does the above, just prefer it on here is all :) No offence to anybody intended.

peterzs 14-05-16 10:05 AM

Well said, ZS Phil

:group::group::group: :):):)