theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Broken down.... (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=7869)

Marky Mark 08-05-09 11:38 AM

Glad to hear you are getting your zed sorted out soon mate, when you getting the belts done?:-D

Phate 08-05-09 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marky Mark (Post 102647)
Glad to hear you are getting your zed sorted out soon mate, when you getting the belts done?:-D

Shaft is arriving tomorrow before midday :) - Very pleased!

lol, one thing at a time...I gotta get a damn job first :(

stamford 08-05-09 01:29 PM

Did you ever get all the monies back you were owed Jake?

Bobdope2002 08-05-09 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 102658)

ill give you 99 dingalings for 12 monies

Phate 08-05-09 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 102658)

all but £110 which Mum owes me so I'm not too fussed about that. The last £250 went in the bank today though :)

Bobdope2002 08-05-09 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phate (Post 102662)
all but £110 which Mum owes me so I'm not too fussed about that. The last £250 went in the bank today though :)

recently i get money for free :D got a nice cheque from the government for £750 yesterday

i now have 2k in a holiday fund gonna be a gooden this year :D

Phate 08-05-09 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobdope2002 (Post 102663)
recently i get money for free :D got a nice cheque from the government for £750 yesterday

Git :(

stamford 08-05-09 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phate (Post 102662)

So you and your flatmate swapping roles helped then?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobdope2002 (Post 102663)

How on earth did you manage that?

arwilson80 08-05-09 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 102668)
How on earth did you manage that?

Job as an MP? MEP? :D

Sorry, but was too good to miss....:shutup:

stamford 08-05-09 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arwilson80 (Post 102671)
Job as an MP? MEP? :D

Sorry, but was too good to miss....:shutup:

pmsl! Tim an MP or MEP! I would pay to see that! :laugh:

Phate 08-05-09 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 102668)
So you and your flatmate swapping roles helped then?

Sorry wasn't my flatmate, just a friend of mine but yes it helped. She's got all her money back and I have all of mine back :)

It's much easier to chase other peoples debtors! :p:bounce:

peterzs 08-05-09 06:42 PM

Just back from Polperro, sorry to hear about the drive shaft/gearbox, I wont say anything about barefoot driving!!!!:tease::tease::tease::mml::mml::mml:

Phate 10-05-09 06:29 PM

UPDATE:

Well the DS didn't turn up (damn courier companys) so my friend came down for nothing. But we still had a good laugh this weekend and ranabout in his car.

So now roll on Wednesday, when the friend can come back and we can knuckle down and do it. Looking forward to getting it back!

However, I've had an interesting offer...

a friend of mine who lives locally drives an E36 BMW 328 which has been tuned to about 240bhp...she promptly just told me if I want to use it till my car is back on the road I can do!

I don't know whether to say yes or not! Part of me is saying no it's only a couple of days and its RWD as well, another part of me is saying yes why not I'll be insured and its RWD :D

Fudgepacker 10-05-09 07:00 PM

Drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiffffffffffffffffffffffttttttttttt

ZS 11-05-09 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phate (Post 103022)
However, I've had an interesting offer...

a friend of mine who lives locally drives an E36 BMW 328 which has been tuned to about 240bhp...she promptly just told me if I want to use it till my car is back on the road I can do!

I don't know whether to say yes or not! Part of me is saying no it's only a couple of days and its RWD as well, another part of me is saying yes why not I'll be insured and its RWD :D

Maybe the Drive Shaft didn't turn up again in time for wednesday? maybe it has been lost in the post... maybe you'll have to drive the BMW for the next year... oh dear what a shame! lol :spank:

stamford 11-05-09 09:12 AM

Don't do it! You'll end up wanting one and become a *****!

arwilson80 11-05-09 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 103081)

...assuming he isn't already. ;) ;)

:joker: :tease: :angel:

Phate 11-05-09 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 103081)

Ha I won't. I've driven a mates 328, and whilst they go well and are great cars...you don't get the same sense of speed and they don't rattle enough for me. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by arwilson80 (Post 103082)
...assuming he isn't already. ;) ;)
:joker: :tease: :angel:

Subject to opinion ;)

Phate 13-05-09 01:22 PM

Right update:

Fitted the new driveshaft, everything seemed fine - about 6 miles or so down the road same banging noise. We checked, the CV boot had twisted...not good.

I can't do technical talk, but long and short of it the DIF is knackered so new gearbox needed.

Simon's ZS-120 13-05-09 01:27 PM

how do you drive your car may i ask as it seems your foot seems to be alot unstable as mine i collect points you rip your car apart

ZS 13-05-09 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phate (Post 103750)
Right update:

Fitted the new driveshaft, everything seemed fine - about 6 miles or so down the road same banging noise. We checked, the CV boot had twisted...not good.

I can't do technical talk, but long and short of it the DIF is knackered so new gearbox needed.

Nah... replace the diff ;)

Phate 13-05-09 01:31 PM

hmm

Phate 16-05-09 06:32 PM

Update for you all:

Drove down to Portsmouth today in the tin can (I needed new ears by the time I got there) and picked up my replacement box from ZS :)

Now I have to arrange getting it changed over...we are going to do the clutch at the same time and Dad's talking about the cambelts as well....might as well get it done in one hit...

stamford 16-05-09 06:37 PM

Oh I see, come down to Pompey and don't say hello! :p

afcbadam 16-05-09 06:37 PM

good luck with the work jake. hope you get the ears sorted aswell! lol

Phate 16-05-09 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 104361)
Oh I see, come down to Pompey and don't say hello! :p

Nothing personal fella, I didn't want to add any additional miles to my trip that were not necessary...damn van :(

Seriously, my ears are still bloody ringing!

Plus I don't have your number! PM me it, I have to take my old box to ZS when they are swapped, I'll drop you a line :)

stamford 16-05-09 06:43 PM

You practically drove past me on the way to Sams, I know not to worry and will pm you bud.

Phate 16-05-09 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 104364)
You practically drove past me on the way to Sams, I know not to worry and will pm you bud.

I sense an incoming pint :look:

ZS 18-05-09 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phate (Post 104365)
I sense an incoming pint :look:

Or a Mini Meet ;) (Not the BMW MINI :joker:)

When you looking to pop down Jake?

Phate 18-05-09 09:26 AM

Well, last night I twisted my ankle (and it fecking hurts) so I can't walk or drive anywhere at the minute...and I havent had a definitive time when the gearbox is going to be swapped. :(

Phate 19-05-09 11:25 PM

Update:

Ankle is lots better, I can almost walk again and I can drive :) - Went to take the car to the yard today (cos when we left it on the driveway it was driving, just carefully) Got to the end of the road and the clutch just went...urgh. So with said bad ankle and sisters bf we pushed it back up the road and Dad with the car transporter is coming to get it tomorrow....thank gawd we've got all the bits!

However, I'm picking up a cambelt kit for it tomorrow as we are going to do that at the same time...cambelt, clutch, gearbox, driveshaft.....wow....now what are the chances of that going smoothly and done by Sunday? :D

stamford 20-05-09 06:43 AM

How many black cats have you run over? Can't believe the luck you have had recently Jake. Hope all goes smoothly.

ZS 20-05-09 07:55 AM

Cambelt kit? Is it yours to keep? Thinking I could do the cambelt on my two cars if I could get hold of the tools (but loathed to spend £500 on a set of tools I'll probably use once!)

Phate 20-05-09 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 104999)
How many black cats have you run over? Can't believe the luck you have had recently Jake. Hope all goes smoothly.

Tell me about it :(

Thanks though dude, it'll all get sorted out eventually...just can't wait till I get back in it!

Phate 20-05-09 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZS (Post 105007)
Cambelt kit? Is it yours to keep? Thinking I could do the cambelt on my two cars if I could get hold of the tools (but loathed to spend £500 on a set of tools I'll probably use once!)

The tool kit is about £180?

stamford 20-05-09 09:28 AM

The kit is more than that as a whole, the actual 'kit' is not 100% complete and requires further pieces to be bought in order to do it properly and without bodging but a garage tooled up might be able to work around this. Someone on here works for Sealey, can't remember who and should know what part numbers they consist of. Not the first time it has come up.

Here's the link http://www.tools-n-all.co.uk/Items/I...ting%20Locking

Phate 20-05-09 09:31 AM

Aye, just talking to Sam about this on msn. The workshop we have is fully tooled up and if we can work around it we will, if not we will get the proper timing kit. :)

Phate 20-05-09 04:05 PM

Right...it's in the theatre :D

Work starts first thing tomorrow :) To get it there I used my breakdown cover (not sure why I didn't do that before!!!)

But yes, very excited now! hopefully my foot will be well enough to actually get down the pit and get stuck in as well.

afcbadam 20-05-09 04:11 PM

all the best with the work buddy. hope you get it back on the road asap!

Phate 20-05-09 04:13 PM

Thanks mate, I reckon it'll take about a week to do everything :)

Gonna get it checked over underneith whilst its there anyway :)