theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I need a kick up the arse........... (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=22533)

waynester 08-09-12 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 270893)

Saturday will be catch up on other jobs day, Sunday is zed day :thumbsup:

Jó látni a szamár rúgás dolgozott! Good show! :D

Sonic_160zr 08-09-12 04:41 PM

I am about tomorrow now if you want an extra pair of hands. Drop me a PM!

Cheers,
Matt

peterzs 08-09-12 04:55 PM

I'm Stonehenging and the Avebury Rings, tomorrow, unfortunately or I could lift it up while you pulled the gearbox out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope it all goes well.

stamford 08-09-12 05:49 PM

Right, after spending time tidying up the garage I charged the zeds battery, as it was flat as guessed! Moved it to the garage and started on it! I was only going to get it up in the air, get the wheels off...............erm ended up doing a little bit more than intended, I was on a roll! Stopped for the evening now. Roll on tomorrow, hopefully it'll be a productive day and we can get the jobs done on Dans zed as well!

Looks like Dan and Daytona are coming, wife is doing a BBQ later in the day ;)

Looks like a mini-meet afterall! :D

grimmy 08-09-12 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 271325)
Right, after spending time tidying up the garage I charged the zeds battery, as it was flat as guessed! Moved it to the garage and started on it! I was only going to get it up in the air, get the wheels off...............erm ended up doing a little bit more than intended, I was on a roll! Stopped for the evening now. Roll on tomorrow, hopefully it'll be a productive day and we can get the jobs done on Dans zed as well!

Looks like Dan and Daytona are coming, wife is doing a BBQ later in the day ;)

Looks like a mini-meet afterall! :D

Good stuff mick,the old girl will be up and running soon.

So will the car.

Dan1971 08-09-12 06:05 PM

:ohmy: ...... Don't do too much - this was gonna be a learning curve for me with you telling me what stuff actually does ..... !!!

Do not start tomorrow until I get there - saying that - we'll have enough to do with mine .... ;)

Good stuff mate ....

Sonic_160zr 08-09-12 06:25 PM

As per PM, Ill be there too! you can laugh at my rattly manifold! haha

Cheers,
Matt

stamford 08-09-12 07:05 PM

I'll hang on in the morning, got to leave something for you guys to do! ;)

Got to give it a good clean after, even the missus said it looked bad!

Took the bumper off, loads of snails in there and snail poo! Took the BMC off, was rattling which was odd as I cleaned that when I did the box swap, another snail inside it with loads of poo!

I was hoping to modify the clutch arm to make it adjustable, won't be able to this time due to lack of time and wanting to get it back on the road!

daytona365 08-09-12 07:48 PM

We will soon get the old girl back on the road. I will bring my bucket and we can even wash it as well........................ Looking forward to taking mine through the tunnel!!! Havent been down the A3 for years.............................

stamford 08-09-12 08:47 PM

Enjoy the tunnel, when coming to it drop to 50mph before entering then drop a few cogs then you can fly through it at a reasonable pace without affecting your average speed as they have cameras checking your speed through the tunnel. I never hit 5th, keep it rumbling ;)

daytona365 08-09-12 09:06 PM

Thanks for the speed camera advice. Is anyone coming handy with a soldering iron and electrics? I need to wire up my VIS lights.............

stamford 08-09-12 09:13 PM

No idea, I have an iron and solder but will be a bit busy for a while! Is it one of James's kits? Should be easy enough I would have thought. I made my own PCB when I did mine some years ago.

daytona365 08-09-12 09:16 PM

Yep its one of James kits. Im always nervous with electrics. Will see, got a gearbox to fix first..............Im off to get some rest, early start. See you tomorrow...:wave:

stamford 08-09-12 09:29 PM

Righto! Bummer no MOTD tonight! Just when you start getting into it again.

Sonic_160zr 08-09-12 10:00 PM

Ill chuck my soldering stuff in the car. might be able to give you a hand :D

Cheers,
Matt

ZS 09-09-12 07:44 AM

Its a shame I can't find any childcare.. your going to be about 30 second drive from me! Of course of I can help with any parts left over then shout :)

stamford 09-09-12 07:48 AM

Is Dan coming to you on the way down? Any luck with those slave cylinder pushrods Sam?

ZS 09-09-12 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 271397)
Is Dan coming to you on the way down? Any luck with those slave cylinder pushrods Sam?

No idea what time Dan is getting here :)

I have found one pushrod.. I can't remember if it is an OE or Sheddist one though (I had two sizes of Sheddist one...) I have not found the box with all the old sheddist parts yet... if I do find it then I will let you know :)

I'll send this push rod over with Dan if he comes here first, your welcome to do what is necessary with it.

stamford 09-09-12 06:08 PM

A big thanks to Dan, Gordon and Matt for today's 'mini to do meet' at my place. With their help and moral support I have my ZS mojo back! :thumbsup:

My old gearbox is now back in and all is good in the zed world, alas no Torsen B, but I'll have to strip and re-build the other one to see what is wrong. We all got stuck in and washed the poor thing too as was looking rough.

Dan got on and fitted a replacement bumper and Laguna splitter on his red zed with Gordons help. Looks really good now.

Matt needed a replacement plenum as his was rattling, so happened I had a good spare and ended up fitting that at the end of the day, so another good job done. Ran out of time to do Gordons vis indicators, hopefully we can do this another time?

A big thanks to you all and just shows what a great forum community we have here. :clap:

I'll be taking the car to work this week so will report how I get on with the lightened flywheel mod.

grimmy 09-09-12 06:15 PM

Good news. well done lads,told you a wee meet and blether about things Zs related would sort you out.

peterzs 09-09-12 06:20 PM

Good to hear you have your Mojo back.

Hats off to all that gave a hand, and us lot that would have loved to have been there, (even it was the smell of the burgers and bangers on the BBQ) but couldnt make it.

:bow::bow::bow: :):)

stamford 09-09-12 06:51 PM

Dan using a pink wash mitt was a sight to behold ;)

Think we may have evidence of Dan doing mechanical stuff! They all got stuck in, was great stuff!

BBQ ended up being a kitchen affair as the weather turned windy and started to rain a little, so a BBQ in the garage was the order of the day! :D

Will definately organise another like this to do work on peoples zeds, makes for an intersting meet and very productive! :thumbsup:

Sonic_160zr 09-09-12 06:51 PM

Back home all safe and sound and car is soo much quieter without the rattly plenum. which is awesome! especially as I wasnt expecting to get it fixed today! Was a really good day and good to put some faces to the names and have a laugh whilst fixing the cars. Much better than a normal car park meet! actually learned a few things today as well so a really good day out in my books!

A big thanks for the food and the drinks. Cant wait for the next one! :D

Cheers,
Matt

Jay-ZS+ 09-09-12 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 271447)
I'll be taking the car to work this week so will report how I get on with the lightened flywheel mod.

I'll tell you now...the flywheel will put a smile on your face :D

Sounds like it was a productive day, just goes to show what a great group on guys are on here :thumbsup:

stamford 09-09-12 06:56 PM

Oh and Matt, love your zed mate, even my daughters loved it! You got a cracker there. Glad the plenum was okay, cheers mate ;)

Sonic_160zr 09-09-12 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ (Post 271454)
I'll tell you now...the flywheel will put a smile on your face :D

Sounds like it was a productive day, just goes to show what a great group on guys are on here :thumbsup:

Just after being in yours Its on my list of mods to do. And although ive only been on here a short while ive quicky realized how good the group is and how much people are willing to go out of the way to help each other.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 271455)
Oh and Matt, love your zed mate, even my daughters loved it! You got a cracker there. Glad the plenum was okay, cheers mate ;)

Thanks Mick, glad you all liked it, the sun did its bit to help as well. :D

Cheers,
Matt

Dan1971 09-09-12 07:52 PM

Feckin traffic .... Just got back in .... Never mind - well worth it. Top day out.

Mick - how your mojo could have gone with such an amazin' sounding car is incredible - awesome - glad it's got you back - ;)

Gordon - thanks for the help with the run round to Sam's and getting the bits fitted - really chuffed mate - thank you - :bow:

Matt - Glad you got your plenum sorted - sounds and goes as good as it looks now I bet.

Sam - thanks for the bumper, fog and brace. Colour match is good, spots are working great. I'll get the brace fitted as and when.

And finally - Kathy - that you for your hospitality and the grub was spot on .... :bow:

All- this was a top day and recommended - Here's to the first "Do stuff" meet....:beer2:

daytona365 09-09-12 07:56 PM

10 Attachment(s)
A really good day, so much done........Big grin back on Stamfords face, so arse truly kicked. We even washed it afterwards too. New plenum in Sonics, and new bumper and splitter on Dans...........Didnt have time to do anything to mine..

stamford 09-09-12 08:10 PM

Gordon, we'll need to do another to get your car done!

Kathy said thanks, she was pleased it went well.

I think this weeks fuel usage will be a little higher than usual :laugh:

Matt, Chloe wants your zed, can she have it? ;)

daytona365 09-09-12 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan1971 (Post 271463)
Feckin traffic .... Just got back in .... Never mind - well worth it. Top day out.

Mick - how your mojo could have gone with such an amazin' sounding car is incredible - awesome - glad it's got you back - ;)

Gordon - thanks for the help with the run round to Sam's and getting the bits fitted - really chuffed mate - thank you - :bow:

Matt - Glad you got your plenum sorted - sounds and goes as good as it looks now I bet.

Sam - thanks for the bumper, fog and brace. Colour match is good, spots are working great. I'll get the brace fitted as and when.

And finally - Kathy - that you for your hospitality and the grub was spot on .... :bow:

All- this was a top day and recommended - Here's to the first "Do stuff" meet....:beer2:

No worries, glad to help. Dont forget once you've soldered your resister give a nudge, I'll show you how to put it in. PS, The traffic was horrendous!!!

stamford 09-09-12 08:28 PM

I have a cardboard box here with rags, gloves and hand cleaner...........anyones?

daytona365 09-09-12 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 271472)
I have a cardboard box here with rags, gloves and hand cleaner...........anyones?

THATS mine lol........Wondered where they got to.....

Keep em safe for me, next time we have a get together I can collect them.

welshone 09-09-12 08:39 PM

Great show from everyone involved and here's to more meets like this one :clap:

stamford 09-09-12 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daytona365 (Post 271473)
THATS mine lol........Wondered where they got to.....

Keep em safe for me, next time we have a get together I can collect them.

Will do mate.

Sonic_160zr 09-09-12 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 271467)
Gordon, we'll need to do another to get your car done!

Kathy said thanks, she was pleased it went well.

I think this weeks fuel usage will be a little higher than usual :laugh:

Matt, Chloe wants your zed, can she have it? ;)

Haha, not selling it anytime soon im afraid! she can have first refusal though! :D

Here is a couple of pics I took yesterday, reminds me of a fruit salad haha..

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/y...0/100_3726.jpg

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/y...0/100_3713.jpg

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/y...0/100_3717.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by daytona365 (Post 271468)
No worries, glad to help. Dont forget once you've soldered your resister give a nudge, I'll show you how to put it in. PS, The traffic was horrendous!!!

Felt really bad that we didnt get to sort your indicator kit out. Traffic was actually quite good for me but the traffic going the other way looked pretty bad, loads of queues on the M27 and lots of traffic going south on the a36. Ive got less than half a tank left now. dont know how that could have happened :D

Cheers,
Matt

ZS 10-09-12 07:08 AM

Gordon, you didn't take the cover you asked for :) :oops:

I've just realised I need to fit my Vis kit at some point, but where the instructions say to pass it through the bulkhead is part of my alarm, so it doesn't fit :) - Maybe you should pop over at some point and get both VIS indicators fitted at the same time :D

stamford 10-09-12 07:30 AM

Drove car into work this morning, tight gear changes, appears the slave pushrod needs to be a little longer so as to fully disengage. My foot is hard down against the bulkhead. Sam, if you do have any of the old sheddist slaves that'll be handy as when I fitted my kit that time I had to shorten the rod by about 6mm, now with the new clutch it needs it back again!

Sodding power VIS not actuating now! VIS indicator backs up the lack of grunt! Still, nice to put my foot down and it not to slip now :D

Now on take-off it spins too easily.............. :whistle:

Dan1971 10-09-12 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 271523)
Drove car into work this morning, tight gear changes, appears the slave pushrod needs to be a little longer so as to fully disengage. My foot is hard down against the bulkhead. Sam, if you do have any of the old sheddist slaves that'll be handy as when I fitted my kit that time I had to shorten the rod by about 6mm, now with the new clutch it needs it back again!

Sodding power VIS not actuating now! VIS indicator backs up the lack of grunt! Still, nice to put my foot down and it not to slip now :D

Now on take-off it spins too easily.............. :whistle:

Glad your happy mate - bit of fettling and it'll be all sorted.

p_b82 10-09-12 04:41 PM

glad to read that everything has gone well with all projects - pity it needs a lst bit of fettling - but like all things on a car there is always something to throw a spanner in the works to stop it being 'perfect'

daytona365 10-09-12 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZS (Post 271519)
Gordon, you didn't take the cover you asked for :) :oops:

I've just realised I need to fit my Vis kit at some point, but where the instructions say to pass it through the bulkhead is part of my alarm, so it doesn't fit :) - Maybe you should pop over at some point and get both VIS indicators fitted at the same time :D

Sounds like an idea...........could get Stamford to change my plugs for me lol..