theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Build Projects (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Stamford’s ZS180 (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=25692)

peterzs 26-06-17 05:43 PM

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

p_b82 06-07-17 11:13 AM

Nice to hear that it alive after a long layoff :)

stamford 23-07-17 03:12 PM

Managed a few jobs over the last couple of weekends. Seat mounts welded in, along with the seatbelt anchor plates on the tunnel side. Bucket seats back in and too the Momo steering wheel, starting to look like a car again! Starting to cut a few corners as such as want to get the car in a state ready for an MOT and not finished so I can do the list of work as and when required. Pretty obvious that this car will never be finished so will be the one to 'fiddle with' when the time allows. Want to start driving it and having some fun! If I keep doing everything it will never be on the road for along time!

daytona365 23-07-17 05:20 PM

Sounds like it needs some help.................Im sure a fix it day could be arranged..

stamford 23-07-17 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daytona365 (Post 375972)
Sounds like it needs some help.................Im sure a fix it day could be arranged..

No it's not that, just given myself too much to do, more modifications than usual everyday stuff. A case of "whilst that bit is off may as well do that" sort of scenario! The sound deadening tar is the worst part, trying to rid that and clean it up.

Dan1971 23-07-17 06:39 PM

I'm not sure how easy it is these days to have what will essentially be a track car MOT'd ....?

Arent there issues now where if an airbag was supposed to be there, it has to be, safety things etc ... ?

stamford 23-07-17 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan1971 (Post 375976)
I'm not sure how easy it is these days to have what will essentially be a track car MOT'd ....?

Arent there issues now where if an airbag was supposed to be there, it has to be, safety things etc ... ?

There is that. If it is MSA compliant then I believe it is immune from SRS equipment being present. Now not saying this is right but some garages would use discretion with regards the test and knowing what the car is used for. If a stripped out track car and done correctly then they may work with you.

I have not had a problem as yet with bucket seats fitted (no thorax airbags), 4 point harnesses fitted (no seatbelt pre-tensioner), Momo steering wheel (no drivers airbag) and no passenger airbag either. I have disabled the SRS light and have removed the SRS system completely. If they get tough I guess I'll have to trailer it! Shame.

Dan1971 23-07-17 08:00 PM

Sounds like if you go to the same place again you'll be fine.

If you want a fixer upper day though, sure you'd get a few willing sets of hands.

stamford 23-07-17 08:19 PM

I reckon Sam needs the help more than I do!

stamford 22-04-18 12:57 PM

Little update. Caravan gone. Jetwashed the hardstand and. ZS now inside with loads of room! Has a home to get started again without worrying.