theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Cars For Sale (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   My 180 for sale (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=9447)

Jay-ZS+ 14-09-09 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sussex_zs (Post 120229)
Unfortunatly, its not the cost of running that forcing the sale its the size of the family,, 3 kids, one in a boster seat a 13 yr old and a 11 yr old,= no room :thumbsdown: so im finally having to grow up and get a family car,....only until the wife starts work then shell have th efamily car and ill be back :party:

Keep the car and get a trailer for the kids :laugh: they will love it and will give them plenty of fresh air plus no sticky fingers in the car :rofl:

sussex_zr 14-09-09 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ (Post 120237)
Keep the car and get a trailer for the kids :laugh: they will love it and will give them plenty of fresh air plus no sticky fingers in the car :rofl:

that is an option :clap2:

afcbadam 14-09-09 06:31 PM

its worth alot more than that Ian. you should do what i done. put it up high and be prepared to wait and the right buyer will come along.

i sold my 53 plate 2 months ago for £2700 + £300 for the parts that were on it. had no belts done and a rattly plenum, but the right buyer came along

sussex_zr 14-09-09 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afcbadam (Post 120245)
its worth alot more than that Ian. you should do what i done. put it up high and be prepared to wait and the right buyer will come along.

i sold my 53 plate 2 months ago for £2700 + £300 for the parts that were on it. had no belts done and a rattly plenum, but the right buyer came along

yeah i'm starting to think that, i got one guy who wont stop hassling me, he wants it for 2050 plus my travel expenses to midlands

afcbadam 14-09-09 07:19 PM

"2 words, second one off" comes to mind

on a more searious note your car should be worth 4k all day long imo.

sussex_zr 14-09-09 07:42 PM

yeah but no ones buying at that price ive seen loads, ive spent the last 2 weeks going through local garrages etc. plus trawling the internet but no one seems to be able to sell at that price. Would be nice though

talkingcars 14-09-09 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sussex_zs (Post 120229)
Unfortunatly, its not the cost of running that forcing the sale its the size of the family,, 3 kids, one in a boster seat a 13 yr old and a 11 yr old,= no room :thumbsdown: so im finally having to grow up and get a family car,....only until the wife starts work then shell have th efamily car and ill be back :party:

This sort of statment always bemuses me, the ZS is a family car, it has seating for 5 adults in comfort and a large boot space, much larger than an MPV, and the 180 has more than ample power.

Oh well - good luck with the sale.

Ritchy 14-09-09 09:06 PM

its can be a bit cramped in the back sometimes, espiecially if you have long legs n your seat has to go right back like me:p but it does have a megaboot:p what about ... right im not even gonna start giving out my stupid ideas lol,

Dan1971 14-09-09 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afcbadam (Post 120259)
"2 words, second one off" comes to mind

on a more searious note your car should be worth 4k all day long imo.

Not sure about 4, but £3K should be achievable for a good Mk2. I think you've gone in too low mate unless you really need a quick sale. Ofcourse -- you know the car ... if it's got a few "issues" and marks, then selling it at a low price is reasonable rather than selling too high and people coming get angry as the car's not mint.

stamford 14-09-09 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talkingcars (Post 120272)
This sort of statment always bemuses me, the ZS is a family car, it has seating for 5 adults in comfort and a large boot space, much larger than an MPV, and the 180 has more than ample power.

Oh well - good luck with the sale.

I would beg to differ, we ran an HDi Picasso as a family car (had 4 in total), plenty of room for the kids and adults and a massive boot. I did want a ZS but they were too small after we tried one in a showroom once. The ZT-T got the vote but was too pricey. Since the kids have grown up and have their own wheels did I get the ZS. Having used it occassionally with my family we find it very cramped when five up.

Still, it is better than a coupe!