theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Build Projects (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   What can I do to a 110 (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=13819)

fastmike 18-09-10 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharronB (Post 170886)
You asked what can I do to a 110 ??.... Sell it and buy a 180! :D

PMSL...... You hit the nail right on the head.....:weirdo:

Smokey 18-09-10 08:23 AM

Bearing in mind Jim, Corey's dad, had a nice 180 for drooling purposes and I think you got some good advice in that you should spend the first year or two gaining driving experience and skills.
This will have 2 effects.
One: your dad will see you are a responsible driver and may let you drive the 180 once in a while.
Two: you don't want to gain 3 points or have an insurance claim for a wee accident in those first two years cos finding insurance for an 18/19 year old with points/claims will be even worse.

Motto: Learn to drive well, you want a clean license and insurance policy at your age to free up spare cash for future cars/mods.

coreygraham180 18-09-10 09:47 AM

Yeeh essence ally I have got a 180 I just need to enherit....lol

And I think there will be another year or two with no mods as by that time people my age are now moving to the civic then I'll mod..........lol

Ritchy 18-09-10 09:56 AM

the 110 isnt that slow, you obviosly need to drive it differently to a 180 to make it go fast
you can spend a lot of money and not get a lot of power from that money. ive got cams to go in mine see how that goes. tbh though cars quick enough 95% of the time too many police these days and in town ect theres not even any point driving quick just end up looking like an idiot and sitting next to the same person you overtook 5 miles ago and they werent speeding lol

coreygraham180 18-09-10 10:00 AM

Yeeh I can see what u mean and what I will be say againt all the 180 for the first two years is why do u need all that power ur only allowed to go 70

Cringed when I said that

Lol

peterzs 18-09-10 10:19 AM

I'm old enough to know better, and even my derv has got me into trouble.

Dont know if the colour sticks out a bit, or what, but gone nearly 40 years without a blemish on my licence, then two months after buying the car, and then a month or so back, oops, now I will behaving myself.

Also, never been pulled over by the police in any other car, now I've had the two above little bits of excitment, and I've also been stopped twice. Once at 12 at night and the other time in Bonnie Scotland.

I'm sure its the colour, big wing and dark tints, says it all really, police do seem a bit surprised when I crawl out. i'm sure they think I'll be a twenty year old!!!

As you say, you can only go so fast before you get into trouble, take the car out on track if you want to see its limits.

Still wouldnt change it though.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Ritchy 18-09-10 10:23 AM

still enough to get me 3 points within 2 months:\

peterzs 18-09-10 10:29 AM

:snap::snap::yay::yay::wave::wave:

Ritchy 18-09-10 10:37 AM

felt a bit stpud when the police got me out the cr, mind you was a good eye opener dont really do speeding now:)

Bobdope2002 18-09-10 11:04 AM

sorry ignore my post was a tad drunk