theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Members Cars (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   New brakes, wheels etc (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=14121)

Maxfly 12-10-10 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan1971 (Post 174779)
I'm not so sure to be honest. I think dark wheels suit lighter coloured cars.

I like the Silver wheels on your car in your sig. If I'm right, you're the guy with the non-standard leather interior ? If I'm right get them pics up mate. Love the seats.

The reduced weight (wheels) thing does make me smile. I guarantee most of us cart round 15+Kgs of rubbish in the cars anyway. Right now I've got 3 full sets of golf clubs in the boot of my barge. Doesn't feel any different at all !

With the weight being in the wheels, i bet the differnce is pretty noticeable tbh as even changing crap wheels on my old cars the difference, to put it mildly was surprising:)

Dave MGT 12-10-10 06:44 PM

Quote:

I'm not so sure to be honest. I think dark wheels suit lighter coloured cars.

I like the Silver wheels on your car in your sig. If I'm right, you're the guy with the non-standard leather interior ? If I'm right get them pics up mate. Love the seats.

The reduced weight (wheels) thing does make me smile. I guarantee most of us cart round 15+Kgs of rubbish in the cars anyway. Right now I've got 3 full sets of golf clubs in the boot of my barge. Doesn't feel any different at all !

????? yes... but your engine isnt trying to spin around that 15kg of crap like it is with the wheels!!! thats the differance
Each kg lost from the wheel is the same as loosing somthing like 15-20kg of weight in the car (dont quote me on those figures though)

Same principle with a light weight flywheels.... do they make you smile as well :)

Jay-ZS+ 12-10-10 06:51 PM

All about the unsprung mass ;)

Dan1971 13-10-10 07:48 AM

:oops: Then I shall take a back seat again re the weight matters ..... (Can't find the "Get my coat" ) Smilie .... and :bow: to the gurus.

bigfella 13-10-10 09:15 AM

Haha, don't worry about it mate!

Tell you what I would like to do, as with the mods I have they have been done over several years so things have been rather subtle. I would like to drive a completely standard 180 just to see what difference as it has made on a whole.

bigfella 13-10-10 11:53 AM

Quote:

If I'm right, you're the guy with the non-standard leather interior ? If I'm right get them pics up mate. Love the seats.

BTW - yep thats me, pictures... not sure if I have any to hand at the moment. They were a mission but look pretty good. However the Mrs isn't too impressed as they have no height adjustment - great for me as I am tall.