theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   could this be the one?? (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=1416)

stamford 06-10-07 05:55 PM

DVLA need to clarify what this car actually is, the engine code is indeed a 1.8 K series engine and the desciption is a 120, that ties up. The dates do seem odd, made in 2005 and registered in 2007, what details are on the service book, like service history and stamps, are they all German? If so, then it may have been registered in Germany, but a rhd model, owned by a UK citizen working in Germany, then re-registered in the UK once it was brought back into the UK, hence the date of registration.

john180 06-10-07 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 16878)
DVLA need to clarify what this car actually is, the engine code is indeed a 1.8 K series engine and the desciption is a 120, that ties up. The dates do seem odd, made in 2005 and registered in 2007, what details are on the service book, like service history and stamps, are they all German? If so, then it may have been registered in Germany, but a rhd model, owned by a UK citizen working in Germany, then re-registered in the UK once it was brought back into the UK, hence the date of registration.

that was my only explanation for the registration date. I naver saw the service history but he said it was full.

I'll have to call the garage tomorrow and get them to call the dvla and get it sorted or there wont be a sale.

Boot Hill Bandit 06-10-07 06:00 PM

If in any doubt bud just walk away.........there are plenty of ZS' to chose from.......and a lot less hassle to sort too.

Smitten Jim

john180 06-10-07 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boot Hill Bandit (Post 16882)
If in any doubt bud just walk away.........there are plenty of ZS' to chose from.......and a lot less hassle to sort too.

Smitten Jim

not in that colour or spec tho :(

stamford 06-10-07 06:03 PM

Just get the information clarified and take it from there.

RalphG 06-10-07 06:05 PM

According to EPC this is a 4 door saloon 1800 RHD car.

The date of registration is likely to be the date that car was registered after being imported from Germany. It would habe been given an age related number plate as the date of manufacture could be proved.

Boot Hill Bandit 06-10-07 06:06 PM

Then you know what lyes ahead in terms of paperwork and it sounds like you have fallen in love with the car.........be carefull its not a lemon its easily done.

Good luck dude, hopefully the garage will help out and correct the paperwork knowing you will buy it if they sort it.

Smitten Jim

john180 06-10-07 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMS Ltd. (Post 16887)
According to EPC this is a 4 door saloon 1800 RHD car.

The date of registration is likely to be the date that car was registered after being imported from Germany. It would habe been given an age related number plate as the date of manufacture could be proved.

Thanks Mate can i get a print off of this from our local MGR dealer???

I need to set them straight before i carry on any further.

KevG 06-10-07 06:16 PM

And it looks like it is still under finance

Agreement date: 30/03/05
Term: 48 Months (4 years)

Boot Hill Bandit 06-10-07 06:19 PM

RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! QUICKLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smitten Jim