theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Smokey's site track day car (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   The track car livery......ADVICE (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=20345)

Steve mead 24-03-12 10:16 PM

I think they offer cheaper insurance!!! But will stick with churchill as they class me as an older sensible driver!!! yeah ok.

Smokey 24-03-12 10:16 PM

Quote:

Wohoo! Brands would be great but it's expensive
The point of the site track car is it means you dont need to risk your own car round the track and the cost is split between a few drivers so it gives a few people an opportunity to experience track days without too much expense.

Smokey 24-03-12 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve mead (Post 244932)
I think they offer cheaper insurance!!! But will stick with churchill as they class me as an older sensible driver!!! yeah ok.

We are all 'sensible' drivers where insurance is concerned lol!

Hope you go a nodding dog with that policy....oooooh, yes!

Steve mead 24-03-12 10:19 PM

he would have a headache with all the bumps.

Smokey 24-03-12 10:28 PM

or whiplash!

Nobrainer 25-03-12 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokey (Post 244933)
The point of the site track car is it means you dont need to risk your own car round the track and the cost is split between a few drivers so it gives a few people an opportunity to experience track days without too much expense.

But thats why I bought it!

Smokey 25-03-12 09:35 AM

Not everyone's in the same boat though! I wouldn't put my mk2 180 on the track on a regular basis, too rare to lose another one!

Maxxed_Ross 25-03-12 11:21 AM

it's a grat laugh but it can and does go so badly wrong when you least expect it.

I had my RB320 out at Knockhill last year and had a total blast with it, learned a load about the car even after owning it for nearly 3 years and want to do it again

but near the end I got a bit over confident and through my realative in-experiance with 4 wheel drive I spun it in the dip leading up to the chicane. If I had known what I was doing I could have caught it but I didn't - so I went sideways through the edge of the gravel trap and ended up in the middle of the chicane going backwards.

I came off the track, drove it into the carpark and left it there

Smokey 25-03-12 11:36 AM

Which is why I will be ecstatic if I get a years worth from this car.

Your car is massively more expensive than any ZS so I can understand that! My mk2 only cost £1600 and I still wouldn't risk it on a regular basis!

Sounds scary though!

Nobrainer 25-03-12 12:09 PM

I don't want to risk my car but if I wasn't going to mess about on the track and make full use of it I'd have bought something that was a bit cheaper to run and wasn't track capable. I also use my car to get to work so when it does have problems (like setting fire to the calipers) I just hope they're easily sortable. I'd hope you get more than a years worth out of the track car! It's not like it's being raced every weekend. Do you know how much surplus your getting from each track day? as £50 seems quite cheap when you take into account tyres, pads, petrol, insurance and repairs.