theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Cars For Sale (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   race zs for sale (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=27542)

top_man_eldo 29-03-14 06:19 AM

Christ you must have spent a few quid on that. What is that engine pumping out?

M17TT180 29-03-14 11:03 AM

Is it road legal? Thinking about having it as my daily lol, think the missus would kill me tho!

Dan1971 29-03-14 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M17TT180 (Post 334940)
Is it road legal? Thinking about having it as my daily lol, think the missus would kill me tho!

Yeah - you need to just get hold of a nice Zs to tide you over until you see something you really want.

MG ZS STE 29-03-14 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skillen (Post 334223)
My brother decided it would be funny to put a quote from Bruce almighty on the forum and chose this thread to do it :/

So I apologised for that but guess no one saw it haha!

Now I'm curious, what was it?

talkingcars 29-03-14 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M17TT180 (Post 334940)

Being a single seater she wouldn't be able to.........

TBH looking at the spec the only obvious problem with MOTs would be Perspex windows.

Skillen 29-03-14 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG ZS STE (Post 334942)
Now I'm curious, what was it?

I do the cha-cha like a sissy girl.

I "lika"... do... da cha-cha.

redzed 30-03-14 08:13 AM

I did try and get an mot on it so it could run on the road and it doesn't stand a chance. Firstly the cams are timed in such a way that it won't pass it's emmisions on idle, it's ok at 3k just not idle. Secondly because of its ulta lightweight flywheel it stalls very easily added to this is a race clutch which doesn't slip at all so unless you are giving everything straight away you just stall, great around a track tho as its like a bullet. The only was it would be good on the road is if you put a normal clutch and flywheel back on and put a cat and pre car back on and fitted the different springs as what's on there is hard for the road. That being said on the way back from the mot centre the drive home was great!!

top_man_eldo 01-04-14 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redzed (Post 335013)
I did try and get an mot on it so it could run on the road and it doesn't stand a chance. Firstly the cams are timed in such a way that it won't pass it's emmisions on idle, it's ok at 3k just not idle. Secondly because of its ulta lightweight flywheel it stalls very easily added to this is a race clutch which doesn't slip at all so unless you are giving everything straight away you just stall, great around a track tho as its like a bullet. The only was it would be good on the road is if you put a normal clutch and flywheel back on and put a cat and pre car back on and fitted the different springs as what's on there is hard for the road. That being said on the way back from the mot centre the drive home was great!!

Have you had the car dyno'd?

Mark S 02-04-14 06:48 AM

I wouldn't worry too much about peak figures for racing - assuming that's what you intend to do? its more how fat the power is and how quick it accelerates (such as from 60-90), there are many things a race car needs that an average dyno just does not measure.

top_man_eldo 02-04-14 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark S (Post 335336)
I wouldn't worry too much about peak figures for racing - assuming that's what you intend to do? its more how fat the power is and how quick it accelerates (such as from 60-90), there are many things a race car needs that an average dyno just does not measure.

Eh? I'm not worried about anything. I was just asking if he'd had it put on a rolling road as I was interested in the engine performance?