theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Cheapo on Fb (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=29517)

Skillen 05-04-15 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneekyparrot (Post 356289)
Needs repainting i am afraid. You going to struggle with the miles on the cars these days to find one that dont. I have 2 complete kits that all need repainting but if you can get it done then i am sure we could come do a deal.
most of it will all soon be up grabs

P.

Alright. Cheers.
The cable ties are keeping it pretty sweet at the minute tbh so I'll wait and see as I wanted mine painted anyway but it's ages away from being able to be done.
I'll keep a look out for the stuff as I'm sure at some point I'll need to sort it out.

mattyprice4004 06-04-15 03:16 PM

Glad someone saved this - if it was going to be broken, I was going to chuck it on the drive. :)

sneekyparrot 07-04-15 10:46 AM

Ok car arrived 7:30am this morning and seeing it on trailer I thought not bad [emoji1]
But as per normal what's good nick to some and my idea of good condition are obviously miles apart. I could break either one to repair the other it's that's close but red one win's only by shear fact the underside and inner wings are in far better condition plus interior is better but apart from that the bodywork is scratched and dented just about everywhere inc the roof [emoji12] tyre flat, inlet mani shot , some dubious filter setup held on with string, clock dead, boot once opened won't shut and rear bumper holding on with sheer luck or is that normal on saloons?? Gear selector like marshmallows.
That's just a 5min once over.
Still it has a nice stainless pipe so xpg mk2 will be stripped to repair this one.

P,

MG ZS STE 07-04-15 11:34 AM

A photo tells a thousand lie's. The Firefrost diesel i bought to save the 180 firefrost wasnt as good in the flesh as it was in the pics. I would still have bought it even if i could have seen all its faults but my expectation was higher than its actual standard.

M17TT180 07-04-15 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG ZS STE (Post 356424)
A photo tells a thousand lie's. The Firefrost diesel i bought to save the 180 firefrost wasnt as good in the flesh as it was in the pics. I would still have bought it even if i could have seen all its faults but my expectation was higher than its actual standard.

Dunno, wasn't too bad :p

MG ZS STE 07-04-15 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M17TT180 (Post 356427)
Dunno, wasn't too bad :p

You had the good side :spank:

M17TT180 07-04-15 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG ZS STE (Post 356429)
You had the good side :spank:

Just scrape the mould off.

MG ZS STE 07-04-15 12:37 PM

I didnt even charge you for that.

sneekyparrot 23-05-15 10:47 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Small update:

Clutch now fixed.
Vis replaced (both motors were dead / internal assembly had fallen apart [emoji1])
Poor engine running was down to duff Tps
Replaced a number of broken breathers which is probably why the vis had failed thru lack of lubrication.

Car now feels like it has some power [emoji1][emoji1]
Attachment 5757

Still loads to do but getting there!

Breaking this at moment, quite a bit gone but loads left.

Attachment 5758

Cheers

petet16 23-05-15 11:30 AM

If you still have the old vis motors pm me please, I'm always on the look out for busted ones