theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Should I buy a zs? (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=4913)

Mat C 10-08-08 04:18 PM

That's like asking if our cars smell of pasties or fish and chips !! :laugh:

Bobdope2002 10-08-08 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mat C (Post 65048)
That's like asking if our cars smell of pasties or fish and chips !! :laugh:

Mine usually smells of thinners :laugh:

or Polyurethane Paint from me after work

TjP 10-08-08 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris25 (Post 65045)
I don't mean to come across all 'my cars faster than yours' or anything, but the clio is quicker. 171bhp/ton compared to the zs's 144/ton! Handling is similar on both

Its quicker, yes, but not by much (0.5 sec to 60 or similar IIRC for the Cup), hence why I said it would mostly be down to the better driver coming out on top. Someone who knows how to get the most out of the V6 would give a regular Clio driver a real tough time I think :) They drive like gocarts though, so I think it would be a great race around the twistys :D But yeah in a straight line the Clio would win 4 times out of 5.

My only gripe with the Clio 172 was they look pretty much the same as a normal Clio, and what killed it for me was you cant see the exhausts (Why?!)! The 182 solved that problem but I still prefer the sporty looks of the ZS.

Ive got a lot of respect for the Clio 172, dont get me wrong, but I prefer my ZS as an overall car :bow:

chris25 10-08-08 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TjP (Post 65083)
Its quicker, yes, but not by much (0.5 sec to 60 or similar IIRC for the Cup), hence why I said it would mostly be down to the better driver coming out on top. Someone who knows how to get the most out of the V6 would give a regular Clio driver a real tough time I think :) They drive like gocarts though, so I think it would be a great race around the twistys :D But yeah in a straight line the Clio would win 4 times out of 5.

My only gripe with the Clio 172 was they look pretty much the same as a normal Clio, and what killed it for me was you cant see the exhausts (Why?!)! The 182 solved that problem but I still prefer the sporty looks of the ZS.

Ive got a lot of respect for the Clio 172, dont get me wrong, but I prefer my ZS as an overall car :bow:

I see what you're saying mate :)
Although I don't go by 0-60 times, they're rubbish. Looking at the 0-100mph times you can see the cup does it in 16.8, and the zs around 20/21.

I know what you mean about it looking like a normal clio, but I kind of like that aspect! I've always been a fan of sleepers though tbh.

I may put a different exhaust on there as I'm not 100% on the hidden style, we'll see how that goes!

Likewise, I have muchos respect for the zs (my dads had them since they first came out), but this is more suited for my needs :D

Bobdope2002 10-08-08 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris25 (Post 65088)
I see what you're saying mate :)
Although I don't go by 0-60 times, they're rubbish. Looking at the 0-100mph times you can see the cup does it in 16.8, and the zs around 20/21.

I know what you mean about it looking like a normal clio, but I kind of like that aspect! I've always been a fan of sleepers though tbh.

I may put a different exhaust on there as I'm not 100% on the hidden style, we'll see how that goes!

Likewise, I have muchos respect for the zs (my dads had them since they first came out), but this is more suited for my needs :D

Sorry that 0-100 time for the ZS sounds absolute pish mine does it in way under 20 seconds with bigger wheels hence slower acceleration

Mine hits 0-60 in way under 7 seconds id hazard a guess at 6 standard is 7.3 isnt it, with the bigger wheels too id say that was impressive (This isnt proven i have no timer but it feels that way)

If i put my OE wheels back on i recon it'd be quicker still

TjP 10-08-08 07:45 PM

Sleepers have their advantages, but I gotta admit I like the feeling when people turn and stare at the ZS as its drives past :) I can see how it would also be a lot of fun zipping past a ZS180 is what looks like a regular Clio though hehe :D

I wouldnt know about the Cup's 0-100, but I think a regular 172 does it in 18.5, according to my site (which also states the ZS at 20.05). After driving a little Suzuki with 107bhp, I would agree 0-100 times are more helpful than 0-60, but for my driving 60-90 would be more helpful yet (overtaking speeds). This is all on my private track of course ;)

Bobdope2002 10-08-08 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TjP (Post 65091)
Sleepers have their advantages, but I gotta admit I like the feeling when people turn and stare at the ZS as its drives past :) I can see how it would also be a lot of fun zipping past a ZS180 is what looks like a regular Clio though hehe :D

I wouldnt know about the Cup's 0-100, but I think a regular 172 does it in 18.5, according to my site (which also states the ZS at 20.05). After driving a little Suzuki with 107bhp, I would agree 0-100 times are more helpful than 0-60, but for my driving 60-90 would be more helpful yet (overtaking speeds). This is all on my private track of course ;)

Yeh i agree with how people look at the mk2 ZS gets loads of attention especially when it sounds like a Touring car on full throttle like mine :laugh:

best test for the ZS180's engine is a 30 -90 in 3rd gear best ive managed is about 13seconds which is about the average time for a slightly modded 180

Not so sure on the clio though

TjP 10-08-08 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobdope2002 (Post 65094)
Yeh i agree with how people look at the mk2 ZS gets loads of attention especially when it sounds like a Touring car on full throttle like mine :laugh:

best test for the ZS180's engine is a 30 -90 in 3rd gear best ive managed is about 13seconds which is about the average time for a slightly modded 180

Not so sure on the clio though

I honestly havent a clue how my car sounds from the outside! :slap: Ive been meaning to get me Dad to do a driveby for me on a nice stretch of deserted road I know, but havent got round to it yet. All I know is the V6 and Xpower zorst sounds amazing from the driving seat, so must sound pretty good from the outside too! :D

Bobdope2002 10-08-08 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TjP (Post 65097)
I honestly havent a clue how my car sounds from the outside! :slap: Ive been meaning to get me Dad to do a driveby for me on a nice stretch of deserted road I know, but havent got round to it yet. All I know is the V6 and Xpower zorst sounds amazing from the driving seat, so must sound pretty good from the outside too! :D

I di post a video on here of how mine sounded ill route it out for you unless youve seen it already

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showpost...7&postcount=10

Also just to add by the time i hit that corner i was doing 60mph

TjP 10-08-08 08:04 PM

I dont think Ive seen it. What exhaust do you have on yours?