theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Exhaust time - which one? (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=6248)

Phate 30-12-08 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 82305)
"My dear I just got under the car to check the exhaust and my front pipes are knackered" :whistle:

"And because you cannot get originals any more, performance upgrades it will have to be, what a shame"

:D

Maxxed_Ross 30-12-08 08:02 PM

the oldest trick in the book. My dad does that every time his car gets serviced to sneak new bits on

SimonMGZS 30-12-08 08:03 PM

i have still got my originals that i took off my car and sorry i am not going to sell them as i have already been asked this by somebody else.

the full janspeed exhaust has been on my car since june 2005 and is stiil ok with no problems and i still love the sound of it even more so when you go through a tunnel and open it up

Phate 30-12-08 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgzspower (Post 82318)
i have still got my originals that i took off my car and sorry i am not going to sell them as i have already been asked this by somebody else.

the full janspeed exhaust has been on my car since june 2005 and is stiil ok with no problems and i still love the sound of it even more so when you go through a tunnel and open it up

Dude, your only in Colchester. Could I please please please come and have a look/listen to it?

Maybe a ride in the car to see what it sounds like when under load/booting it?

You'd be brilliant if you could!

Thanks,
Jake

stamford 30-12-08 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phate (Post 82314)
"And because you cannot get originals any more, performance upgrades it will have to be, what a shame"

:D

NO! not performance upgrades..................stainless steel replacements, lifetime guarantee ;)

Phate 30-12-08 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 82321)
NO! not performance upgrades..................stainless steel replacements, lifetime guarantee ;)

:sly:

SimonMGZS 30-12-08 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phate (Post 82319)
Dude, your only in Colchester. Could I please please please come and have a look/listen to it?

Maybe a ride in the car to see what it sounds like when under load/booting it?

You'd be brilliant if you could!

Thanks,
Jake

i cant see why not

when would you like to have a listen to it as i need to know so i can get the car out of storage

when are you having your exhaust done?

Phate 30-12-08 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgzspower (Post 82331)
i cant see why not

when would you like to have a listen to it as i need to know so i can get the car out of storage

when are you having your exhaust done?

I'm pending a quote, so a couple of weeks yet at least.

When is good for you dude? I'm only in Brentwood next door to the A12 so 20ish minutes from Colchester :)

col180 30-12-08 08:33 PM

fitting janspeed decat this weekend:) after reading this post am tempted to get the manifolds as well!lol what sort of power gains are avaliable?

SimonMGZS 30-12-08 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phate (Post 82337)
I'm pending a quote, so a couple of weeks yet at least.

When is good for you dude? I'm only in Brentwood next door to the A12 so 20ish minutes from Colchester :)

well i was looking to get the car out again about the end of jan begining of feb as i need to use it for a while before it goes for the mot

will this be ok?