theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Who had 3 months down then ? (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=11441)

p_b82 15-03-10 09:13 AM

congrats on being able to keep the car :)

My ZS will become a 2nd car when it is not economically viable to run every day - dont plan to sell it tho if i can help it!

talkingcars 15-03-10 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p_b82 (Post 145804)
congrats on being able to keep the car :)

My ZS will become a 2nd car when it is not economically viable to run every day - dont plan to sell it tho if i can help it!

Sounds like my dear lady, when we decided it was time to move on from the V6 espace my sister gave us I was going to get a safira but Mrs TC pointed me towards a cheap Range Rover, something I'd always wanted, when that went she found my ZS, now we are looking for a little F as a toy and realising my budget will buy crap suddnely she wants to invest as well, she's just spent 2 hours on line looking!

Boot Hill Bandit 16-03-10 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talkingcars (Post 145932)
Sounds like my dear lady, when we decided it was time to move on from the V6 espace my sister gave us I was going to get a safira but Mrs TC pointed me towards a cheap Range Rover, something I'd always wanted, when that went she found my ZS, now we are looking for a little F as a toy and realising my budget will buy crap suddnely she wants to invest as well, she's just spent 2 hours on line looking!

Brilliant stuff dude! :thumbsup: loads of parts and tuning stuff available for the F. Worth buying a dead car with fantastic bodywork to be fair if you want a project.

Was watching 'Wrecks to Riches' last night on TV..........a guy wanted a classic Capri but Dominic Littlewood bought a scrap written off F and had it pulled straight and all panels replaced........then had it reprayed in an 'Orange Grove' colour high metallic paint.......looked amazing but not for the price!!! guy had a budget of £7k and bought it for £6800 :look:

It is an unique motor though and I bet he loves it!

Jim

peterzs 16-03-10 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boot Hill Bandit (Post 145983)
Brilliant stuff dude! :thumbsup: loads of parts and tuning stuff available for the F. Worth buying a dead car with fantastic bodywork to be fair if you want a project.

Was watching 'Wrecks to Riches' last night on TV..........a guy wanted a classic Capri but Dominic Littlewood bought a scrap written off F and had it pulled straight and all panels replaced........then had it reprayed in an 'Orange Grove' colour high metallic paint.......looked amazing but not for the price!!! guy had a budget of £7k and bought it for £6800 :look:

It is an unique motor though and I bet he loves it!

Jim

Makes me laugh, all the mechanics time gets written off, if thats added in could add a lot to his finished price.

Saw him do a MX5, noisy altanator bearing seems a common fault and it sounds like the engine is going to fall out. Replaced that, new wing, new boot lock, bit of filler, spray up and looked like new.

:smile1::smile1::smile1: