theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   *********wife******** (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=12942)

Jay-ZS+ 12-07-10 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benedwards64 (Post 161830)
My wife had a drive in my old Supra turbo... it scared her so much she won't go anywhere near my cars now!! She does only drive a 1.4 Puma to be fair...

Same here, I ask the missus if she wanted to be included on the insurance on mine this year but its too big for her. She drives a 1.3 swift and the zs scares her! :laugh:

But id definatly let her drive it, they way she drives its safer in her hands than mine :evil: Although id have to park it for her!! :rofl:

jockfraz 14-07-10 07:51 AM

My wife drives mine too. We had a fabia vrs and swapped it for a vectra 1.8 petrol when we got our dog, the first thing she said was its got no balls I want the vrs back!! So she loves driving my zs said she can stay in bed longer as she can get to work faster in it.

StragglaSteve 14-07-10 08:15 AM

i let my mum drive my zs once...

needed her to pick it up from the garage after it had had its service...

she reversed it into a pole!

luckily the damage was just a crease on the n/s of the rear bumper. But nobody (but me) is allowed to drive the car now!

gothbob84 14-07-10 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMS Ltd. (Post 161781)
I've lent my R400 turbo to my GF for 4 days. She's also driven the SV-R. :ohmy: In return, I get to drive her Maestro diesel :smurf:

I managed to drive your cars with no problems (well i stalled the SV-R but the clutch was a bit different than the car i drove earlier that day a 1.6 Maestro!) but you have still not go the hang of when to change gear in my car as it has no rev counter :tease:

Ritchy 14-07-10 10:40 PM

dont need a rev counter to know when to change lol

RalphG 15-07-10 03:13 PM

6,000 rpm in a diesel :fez:

Smokie 15-07-10 04:39 PM

my wife has driven and crashed both of my ZS180's both minor bumps. As Jay has said though the car is probably safer in her hands than mine. i say that as both of her bumps where minor and not a lot to sort out if i ever crash it will be a 1/2 mile wreckage of zs bits.

ex X Power 15-07-10 11:34 PM

What a question!!

Its a ZS not a Bugatti.

My other half always drives my cars and fortunately for me she lets me drive hers, she did have an S2000 and has just chopped it in for an E46 M3 cab.

Sure she's not as confident as I am but she's still a mighty capable driver

stamford 16-07-10 07:26 AM

As said earlier my wife tried and gave up, if she could she wouldn't as she doesn't like it, too noisey and too quick! She hasn't even driven the Discovery yet! I hardly get a look in with her MGF, she's in a world of her own driving that! She won't come on track days either, I think the fundays at the local ovals put her off when we fitted passenger seats! :laugh: scared the crap out of her, funday my arse! :D

dvid 16-07-10 01:11 PM

Wife drove mine more than me, 2 punctures in same tyre and some kerbing later and I revoked her privelages