theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Build Projects (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   FE54 - making her mine. (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=25274)

talkingcars 15-06-13 04:42 PM

Cost me £30 :(

peterzs 15-06-13 07:15 PM

must have a good scrappy.

Ones near me have zilch!!!!

talkingcars 16-06-13 06:51 AM

The local one has 3 sections - one that is open every day which I can manage to visit in a lunch break but that had nothing suitable when I looked last week. Then there is a restricted access area which has newer cars but I didn't have time last week to look there, finally there is a proper old style area with double stacked cars (used to be triple stacked) which is now only open on Saturdays.

There were several Rover 400's and civics, 1 mk1 120 and nothing else suitable. Only a couple had rear electrics so I decided on the one at the end of a row as it had more room on one side.

I had got the bits out of one door when some chap appeared and broke all scrap yard etiquette and started removing the front seats, in 30 years I've never had someone else start removing bits from a car I am working on! I wasn't quite sure what he was doing so I decide the quickest thing to do was to help him, I took one seat out while explaining how to do the other, it did make getting the consol out a bit quicker and I did get the £2.20 in change :mad:

talkingcars 16-06-13 01:35 PM

And fitted..............

welshone 16-06-13 02:29 PM

Good work :)

If you ever need another pair of hands just give me a shout. I'm always up for a bit of car play :)

peterzs 16-06-13 07:15 PM

Used to love the scrappy, about 4 high and then the crane would come and start moving one off the next pile.

Had to shout and wave to let the operator know you were working in the car.

Bit before all this Health and Safety, stuff!!!

talkingcars 16-06-13 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welshone (Post 310767)
Good work :)

If you ever need another pair of hands just give me a shout. I'm always up for a bit of car play :)

OK - will do.

talkingcars 16-06-13 09:27 PM

Busy day today - not quite sure why but I was awake at 7!
Sun was hinting that it might cut through the clouds, forecasts were similar -
perfect for ripping out the seats and carpets to swap them round -
eventually I was outside by 10 and it started to spit with rain so I decided to to the rear electrics -
3 hours later both sides were done -
rain had got heavier and eased and eventually the sun was out -
only one thing to do -
I'd already undone the seats and seat belts and rear consol -
I've now got the earlier seats and carpet in FE54 and the door seals back on (they've only been off for 6 weeks)
but a lack of energy at 9pm stopped me from doing any more than dropping the mk2 capet and the xpower seats into GV51 -
anyone fancy buying it to use as a track car, will save me refitting the carpet.

talkingcars 16-06-13 10:45 PM

Forgot to mention that I found £2.30 in FE54, found nothing in GV51.

ZS 17-06-13 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talkingcars (Post 310832)
and the xpower seats into GV51 -
anyone fancy buying it to use as a track car, will save me refitting the carpet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by talkingcars (Post 310836)
Forgot to mention that I found £2.30 in FE54, found nothing in GV51.

You are more than welcome to give me GV51 for free in its current condition :p I'll squeeze it in the garage and rebuild from the ground up on a limited budget, long term :fish:

You could always take that £2.30 you found in FE54 as payment lmao :rofl: