theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   How big a part of your life is your car ? (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=25518)

POMPSKI 08-06-13 01:34 PM

Im currently feeling guilty because I really need to clean the car but my AS is really playing up.

welshone 08-06-13 01:50 PM

My old car used to be a big part of my life and thought this would follow through to the ZS but sadly not and to the degree of me looking at other makes to regain some passion back. :(

Steven11 11-06-13 09:44 AM

My Zed is a massive part of my life. I even used it as my wedding car, it was the first car both my kids were ever in as i brought them home from hospital in it. And it was the first new car i have ever owned. Even before my 180 which i have had for 8 and a bit years i owned two used Zeds prior to this one so really ive been looking at the same dash now for about 11 years.

Really cant think of any other car for the same kind of money that offers quite so much and looks as good as the Zed does, love my car :wub:

andys1981 11-06-13 10:05 AM

yip cars are a big part of my life,as soon as i get one constantly think on what i can change/modify on it,i love my mgs,been unlucky with my 2 zss,done everything really to the zr,but still miss the zs,will get back in one, i cant wait,folk often slate them,posh rovers etc,but there driving focuses,rx8s,annoys me,as the zed is an underrated car in my eyes,hope to be back in a zs soon!

idge2003 11-06-13 10:19 AM

As of tomorrow morning my ZS won't be much of a part of my life other than stripping it for parts! With the current electrical fault that mechanic friends can't diagnose I've decided to take it off the road and switch the insurance over to my new steed!

It's a beast of a car in the form of a 1.0l 12v 3 cylinder Corsa!!!

Originally bought to basically use as a block to stop my ignorant neighbour parking his massive Merc Spriter outside that means i can barely get in my drive and definitely can't park outside but gonna use it til I decide what to replace the ZS with now! And as you can probably guess no thoughts of modding/improving the Corsa will ever enter my head!

Brett

petet16 11-06-13 11:14 AM

What electrical fault does your zs have ?

idge2003 11-06-13 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petet16 (Post 310060)
What electrical fault does your zs have ?

I did a thread before but basically its melting the coilpack on 6 cylinder! It's been through 3 now and been driving it on 5 cylinders for a few weeks!

Brett

petet16 11-06-13 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idge2003 (Post 310062)
I did a thread before but basically its melting the coilpack on 6 cylinder! It's been through 3 now and been driving it on 5 cylinders for a few weeks!

Brett

Ah yeah, I remember the thread, weird problem that, makes me suspect it could be the ecu as it keeps doing it.