theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   So What Do We Do For A Job? (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=192)

Ritchy 10-06-10 10:30 PM

im a mechanic working mainly with, fords, mazdas and rovers, even got the papers to prove it haha

StragglaSteve 11-06-10 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavspav (Post 158121)

LOL GAVIN!!!!!

you look like an older version of my brother!!

Marky Mark 11-06-10 10:38 AM

Work as a Class 1 driver for the NHS Supply Chain.

It's a bit different to what I was doing 3 years ago, my main trade was a four colour planner and retoucher in the print which I served a 4 year apprenticeship, but all the skills went out of the job once computers came on the scene!

Love the driving, being your own boss on the road, apart from the idiotic drivers that cut you up! :p

StragglaSteve 11-06-10 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marky Mark (Post 158148)
Work as a Class 1 driver for the NHS Supply Chain.

It's a bit different to what I was doing 3 years ago, my main trade was a four colour planner and retoucher in the print which I served a 4 year apprenticeship, but all the skills went out of the job once computers came on the scene!

Love the driving, being your own boss on the road, apart from the idiotic drivers that cut you up! :p

always a good idea to give a class 1 lorry plenty of room!

lets be honest, whos gonna come off worse/flattend? not you my friend! ;)

si3000 11-06-10 11:45 AM

Currently out on placement for the year from uni working in a large software development company as a Infrastructure Services Engineer. At the weekends i work part time in Apple! ;)

Gavspav 11-06-10 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StragglaSteve (Post 158137)
LOL GAVIN!!!!!

you look like an older version of my brother!!

Good God, your brother must be a handsome- if somewhat juvenile - devil then!:oldtimer:

Bobdope2002 11-06-10 02:08 PM

I wash Pants :D

Jay-ZS+ 11-06-10 02:17 PM

Cant believe Ive never seen this thread! Im currently a Student :beer::beer: and Barman :beer::beer: :laugh:

Before that I worked as a cabinet maker, designing and making bespoke furniture. Although with the recession the buiness was struggling and I decided it was as good a time as any to 'jump ship before it sinks' and change career hence the uni. Hoping by the time I come out the economy will be on a boom!

Heres some examples of stuff Ive made or worked on.
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1...ambedroom6.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1...ambedroom2.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1...e/DSCN5718.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1...d%20Desk/5.jpg

Few bits made for Tiff Needell.
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1.../Tiffwave1.jpg
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1...ffishtank1.jpg

Do miss the feeling of satisfaction after a days work looking at what youve achieved although dont miss the winters when the workshop could be below zero and only reach 12deg after having the wood burner going all day!!

andys1981 11-06-10 03:50 PM

hi folks, i currently work for asda distribution,ive been there nearly 8 yrs,and i work in the freezer,was backshift until tues,changed to nightshift,due to family commitments,previous to that, i was a car alarm and hi-fi fitter for kas in falkirk,absolutely loved this job but they went bust

daytona365 11-06-10 06:33 PM

I work for a "FORD!!!!!" garage, in the parts dept. I know they are not MG's, but its a job lol.
Still get cheap parts for my car, and got the mechanics to help with any silly probs I cant fix.

And its one of the best looking cars in the staff car park.

peterzs 11-06-10 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavspav (Post 158121)
I dunno how I stumbled on this, but anyway.

I am - and I'm going to have to look long and hard for a smiley for this - an opera singer. :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: Sorry, there seems to be a singular lack of operatic smiley's. Hmmmm. I wonder why?

this is me:
www.gavintaylor.com

Enjoyed your clips, great voice, and what a fantastic job.

:smile1::smile1::smile1::smile1:

peterzs 11-06-10 08:05 PM

Sob, sob, no job, was working at a landscaping company, ended up as company secretary and a director.

We used to cut and maintain married quarters for the Navy, RAF and Army.

Had sites in Plymouth, Bournemouth, Portsmouth, Marham in Norfolk.

Trouble was, the big boys decided they could do the work for half the price we were doing it for and the MoD decided to take their price.

TUPE'd over 50 of our guys, so we didnt have enough work or men to carry on. So we were paid off and the company closed.

:wizard::wizard::wizard::-D:-D

ibrox_hunk 11-06-10 08:16 PM

im a manager for poundstretcher, lol

Gavspav 11-06-10 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterzs (Post 158212)
Enjoyed your clips, great voice, and what a fantastic job.

:smile1::smile1::smile1::smile1:

you sir, are a gentleman and a scholar, as well as being blessed with impeccable taste. Sir, I salute you.:thankyou:

RichZS180 12-06-10 12:12 AM

Used to be an office monkey (admin). Now redundant.

Although i have a HND in forest management from uni of lincoln, so need to get my ass in gear lose my podge and try and make something of my life! Gonna go for tree surgeon or aboriculturalist i think if i can.

Huffy 12-06-10 12:42 AM

Final Cut Pro Editor, Camera Man and general Production Boffin. I play with music, video and pictures all day :P

Working freelance at the moment as there is a lack of salaried work in Newcastle at the moment.

p_b82 14-06-10 01:56 PM

I am an IT Technical Consultant to give me my formal title.

I get to travel around Europe and work on the client sites installing the software our company produces - contracted for 75% of the working year to be away), as well as other parts of the software system quality control processes.

As our clients are the Pharmaceutical companies, things have to be done 'right' and with a lot of paperwork; the job is not as glamorous as many people think!

haGGard 17-06-10 11:40 PM

Currenly working at HMP Belmarsh Prison in the control room. Not planning on staying there though!

peterzs 18-06-10 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haGGard (Post 158924)
Currenly working at HMP Belmarsh Prison in the control room. Not planning on staying there though!

Sounds like you've got a plan for getting out.

:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

Jay-ZS+ 18-06-10 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterzs (Post 158931)
Sounds like you've got a plan for getting out.

:laugh: Very good pete :construction:

benedwards64 18-06-10 07:57 PM

Another IT bod here - although I'm actually in sales for an IT reseller. Sounds incredibly boring but I really enjoy it!

acemodder 20-06-10 02:14 PM

I'm a senior buyer at a company called overclockers

www.overclockers.co.uk

tb steve 20-06-10 08:09 PM

office bod in the warehouse for the nhs or nhs dhl supply chain lol

shcKr- 20-06-10 08:18 PM

I work as a junior web developer :)

Steves Cleenz 20-06-10 09:02 PM

i clean cars lol

WXM Matty 20-06-10 09:38 PM

Student and part time in Currys/PC World

Bobdope2002 21-06-10 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WXM Matty (Post 159257)
Student and part time in Currys/PC World

And you can afford a car as nice as that you must have saved for ages

Phate 21-06-10 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haGGard (Post 158924)

Know a guy called Adrian Thomson?

Nor 21-06-10 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acemodder (Post 159178)
I'm a senior buyer at a company called overclockers

www.overclockers.co.uk

Used it for years :thumbsup:

deanz zr 21-06-10 01:35 PM

work in a caravan dealership, carrying out pre delivery inspections, servicing and repairs.

haGGard 21-06-10 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phate (Post 159306)
Know a guy called Adrian Thomson?

Cant say i do no, is he an officer? I work completely seperatly from the prison officers.

Phate 21-06-10 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haGGard (Post 159314)
Cant say i do no, is he an officer? I work completely seperatly from the prison officers.

Not quite, he's an inmate!

rottiesdad 21-06-10 05:06 PM

I work in the transport industry.Im a qualified hgv fitter,complete with a class 1 licence so i can drive them,break them and fix them.I now work for the government.

haGGard 21-06-10 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phate (Post 159315)
Not quite, he's an inmate!

Aha, i'll look up his name on file tonight :p

Phate 21-06-10 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haGGard (Post 159336)
Aha, i'll look up his name on file tonight :p

Cool, don't quote me on the spelling of the surname, could be Thompson.

Either way I know him and used to train with him a couple of years ago :)