theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Ah well it's only a car (warning distressing images) (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=16408)

jamesc777 23-03-11 02:01 PM

have u been breaking mirrors or something, thats terrible luck. :no:
im sure there would be a few people on here including myself that would be welcome to getting our hands on the car or some bits if the insurance will release it. the shell is easy, u can take it to a metal yard or a breakers, they are still paying to take them in. always worth a thought considering how hard certain parts are to get. keep us informed, and good luck with the insurance company, they were alot of hard work for me a few years ago.

caled 23-03-11 02:37 PM

Some companies will collect scrap, too, but theyll more than likely knock it off scrap value.

Leigh_EvoIX 23-03-11 03:38 PM

So its likely a case of renting a skip for bits that arn't worth keeping and just pulling it all apart. What about moving the shell once there are no wheels and stuff on it?

caled 23-03-11 05:10 PM

I wouldnt bother with a skip, tbh - just keep the bits you dont want in the car itself.
Then when you're done, call up a company with a flatbed truck to come and get it.

You spoke to the insurance about a buy back value, yet?

Alan.F 23-03-11 05:29 PM

You can only buy it back if its a CAT C or D if they make it a cat b then you cant buy it scrap yards only

ian zs180 23-03-11 05:32 PM

Sorry to see your zed in that state it looked a minter at least your both ok and no one was hurt

Leigh_EvoIX 23-03-11 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caled (Post 202173)
I wouldnt bother with a skip, tbh - just keep the bits you dont want in the car itself.
Then when you're done, call up a company with a flatbed truck to come and get it.

You spoke to the insurance about a buy back value, yet?

Good idea.. What about moving it though if its just on stands?

Not spoke to insurance about it yet..

leezs110 23-03-11 07:02 PM

Crikey Leigh, Shame about your ZS, i bet that was a brown pants moment! ;)

At least no one was hurt, thats the main thing! :)

Steves Cleenz 23-03-11 08:49 PM

scrap men will take it belive me lol, but if you can get it down to a bare shell then weigh it in yourself as the price of metal is is over ?200 a tonne at the mo, so you are looking at probally around ?100 for the shell lol, and when you think about it there is close on ?1000 or more to be made with what is left

Leigh_EvoIX 23-03-11 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steves Cleenz (Post 202243)
scrap men will take it belive me lol, but if you can get it down to a bare shell then weigh it in yourself as the price of metal is is over ?200 a tonne at the mo, so you are looking at probally around ?100 for the shell lol, and when you think about it there is close on ?1000 or more to be made with what is left

I thought you need to be registered or something to sell scrap metal...